General Chat

Stevo985

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

66 million year old dinosaur egg discovered near perfectly preserved inside. Wow......

Make a nice omelette that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When we went to Oxford the other month we went into the big museum there, the one with all the old dinosaur bones etc. Got really taken back with what was in there , then directly above it was another museum that concentrated more on different cultures . Really good museum. Booked up to go Oxford again but this time taking the kids with us as we think they will love the museum . 

The Ashmolean, the big old white building?

The Natural History Museum is also good which has the Pitt Rivers museum attached it.  It’s an anthropology museum and is an absolute treasure trove of items from human history.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

The Ashmolean, the big old white building?

The Natural History Museum is also good which has the Pitt Rivers museum attached it.  It’s an anthropology museum and is an absolute treasure trove of items from human history.

That’s the one, The natural history museum with Pitt Rivers same building but up a level. Unbelievable stuff they have in there .

On 20/12/2021 at 15:07, bobzy said:

Accurate, although none of them seemed to have the *knock* *leave package* *run away* method down.

I had something “delivered to customer” from Amazon yesterday.

I wasn’t in and won’t be until 27th/28th, I’m sure that will still be outside my door when I’m back, they have of giving the faintest knock and zooming out the building.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

While reliving my teenage years last night, looking through eh reels on Instagram. I came across Elon Musk. Can you believe he was worth 20 million in 1999 which is a fair amount I know, but now he is worth 300 Billion, wow just wow!

He’s paying 11 billion dollars in tax this year (according to him).

Fair play, no doubt he could could have dodged some/most/all of it if he wanted to. 

• Like 1

He's 100% a James Bond villain. 

I fully expect his gigafactory roof to slide open and some kind of super high power laser to start destroying capitals around the world whilst he sits in an oversize swivel chair stroking pussy. 

The bastard won't give me a job though, applied for 3 in Luxembourg, had 1 interview, very weird process, it's all pre set groups of questions and structured rather than being a fluid chat with another bloke, wasn't a comfortable experience 

Amazon are realistically the only chance I'll ever have of living where my in laws live 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The bastard won't give me a job though, applied for 3 in Luxembourg, had 1 interview, very weird process, it's all pre set groups of questions and structured rather than being a fluid chat with another bloke, wasn't a comfortable experience 

Amazon are realistically the only chance I'll ever have of living where my in laws live 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

He's 100% a James Bond villain. 

I fully expect his gigafactory roof to slide open and some kind of super high power laser to start destroying capitals around the world whilst he sits in an oversize swivel chair stroking pussy. 

Wouldn't mind seeing that film 🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The gigafactory he has in Texas, a 100 of these could power the world sustainably.

This is absolute horseshit.

1st off the main ingredient in Tesla's batteries are Cobalt. The richest reserves in the world (where Teslas gets the majority if it's supply from) are in the Democratic Republic of Congo. If you don't know anything about this lawless place (thanks to King Leopold et. al) look it up. It's hell, and the criminal gang that run the mines force folks to drag cobalt out of the ore with their hands.

Then there's the whole question of disposal of batteries once they're spent. That's a another caboodle of shite to get into.

Tesla's electric cars and batteries are a small side step away from fossil fuel. I'm a big believer in Elon and bought stock in Tesla in 2013 - but - they are certainly not solving the worlds energy problems anytime near our lifetimes - sadly.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

This is absolute horseshit.

1st off the main ingredient in Tesla's batteries are Cobalt. The richest reserves in the world (where Teslas gets the majority if it's supply from) are in the Democratic Republic of Congo. If you don't know anything about this lawless place (thanks to King Leopold et. al) look it up. It's hell, and the criminal gang that run the mines force folks to drag cobalt out of the ore with their hands.

Then there's the whole question of disposal of batteries once they're spent. That's a another caboodle of shite to get into.

Tesla's electric cars and batteries are a small side step away from fossil fuel. I'm a big believer in Elon and bought stock in Tesla in 2013 - but - they are certainly not solving the worlds energy problems anytime near our lifetimes - sadly.

Quote came from him personally. Saw a video where he is showing Leanardo Dicaprio around his factories.

How much you buy the shares for?

23 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Currently watching my 4 year old play a game of Guess Who against his Grandmother. Unfortunately she has early stages of dementia and it's not going well as she has no idea what she's doing, what questions she's already asked or who she picked for him to try and guess. The lad doesn't understand why she's confused. Hate this. 

I still remember going to see my great grandmother when I was a kid, it was clearly one of those “say goodbye” visits. 
We (me and my brothers) were all perplexed why she’d keep asking the same question over and over. It’s a horrible illness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I still remember going to see my great grandmother when I was a kid, it was clearly one of those “say goodbye” visits. 
We (me and my brothers) were all perplexed why she’d keep asking the same question over and over. It’s a horrible illness.

Lost my own gran to it a few years back. Awful, no way to go. 

• Like 2

Â