General Chat

Stevo985

On 02/10/2021 at 17:42, Xela said:

Passed plenty of petrol stations on the A5 today between Shenstone and Telford and every one seemed to have fuel and minimal queues. 

Hope that is the end of the madness up here. 

As for London, let them suffer a bit longer. 

Drove from Leeds to Pembrokeshire yesterday. Horrendous driving conditions, but petrol no problem in rural Wales. Loads of it, and no queues. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't get them

Not particularly good chocolate and crazy expensive 

If that's how much they have to charge to keep slavery out of their supply line, it makes you wonder about the other suppliers doesn't it. It seems that might just be how much chocolate ought to cost.

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

If that's how much they have to charge to keep slavery out of their supply line, it makes you wonder about the other suppliers doesn't it. It seems that might just be how much chocolate ought to cost.

I'll stick with slavery then ;) 

Edited by Xela

More petrol observations - most petrol stations around here back to normal. Went out earlier, passed a few of them and all open and hardly any queues. 

The tabloids would have us believe we are in a crisis. Absolute scum clickbait media. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

More petrol observations - most petrol stations around here back to normal. Went out earlier, passed a few of them and all open and hardly any queues. 

The tabloids would have us believe we are in a crisis. Absolute scum clickbait media. 

Lucky you. The three closest to me have been out entirely, I've checked them out a couple of times a day since Tuesday. 

On 02/10/2021 at 17:02, sidcow said:

Just been to Sainsburys for Petrol. 

No queue at all, Saturday afternoon.  Straight to the pump. 

Just filled up to 3/4 as that will last me a couple of weeks and I'm certain prices will drop after this initial week following that nonsense. Also it leaves some fuel for other poor sods in the event it does take another downturn. 

Should have brimmed it right to the top mate, brim brim brim  brim brim 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Was gonna say, this will be a Cyber Attack won't it?

Dunno?

Someone did steal a lot of attack software at the back end of last year from FireEye, so there's some pretty pokey hacktastic code in the wrong hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Over an hour now. Someone's maybe done a proper job on them?

Will it be bigger than the Linkedin personal data harvest?

Checked a ISP group on irc (I know, very nerdy) and found this. Dunno where the post was done originally but it was deleted :) Sounds like self inflicted

@ilne> >As many of you know, DNS for FB services has been affected and this is likely a symptom of the actual issue, and that's that BGP peering   
              with Facebook peering routers has gone down, very likely due to a configuration change that went into effect shortly before the outages     
              happened (started roughly 1540 UTC). There are people now trying to gain access to the peering routers to implement fixes, but the          
<@ilne> people with physical access is separate from the people with knowledge of how to actually authenticate to the systems and people who know    
              what to actually do, so there is now a logistical challenge with getting all that knowledge unified. Part of this is also due to lower       
              staffing in data centers due to pandemic measures.                                    

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Was gonna say, this will be a Cyber Attack won't it?

Don't forget the sophisticated bit. All cyber attacks are sophisticated nowadays dontchaknow.

Reckon Tegis is on the right track though.

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

WhatsApp appears to still be down. 

Wish I could convince friends and family to move to Telegram or something else instead but it's a non-starter. 

Telegram, ain't that where all the paedos and terrorists hang out?

Â