General Chat

Stevo985

On 27/09/2021 at 06:26, fruitvilla said:

Yeah ... thanks ... I think. Mine was sort of a sort of a nostalgia question. Grew up in 444, but spent my last three years in the UK in Selly Park. So Stirchley back then was sort of a no man's land that had to be passed through. Glad it sounds like it's improved.

But if someone forced you to have a beer ... where in King's Heath?

I've just driven past The Station and I have to say it looked really nice.  Got a good view inside as it was all lit up with big front windows.  Looks very smart inside. 

Their website says they stock cask ale so that's my choice. 

Think I may have earned a parking ticket.  Pulled into York Road to drop daughter at The Hare and Hounds and was half way down it before I realised it had been pedestrianised and closed to cars.  Oops.  Oh well in for a penny in for a pound so turned back around and dropped her right outside the side door to the venue and saw her in. 

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've just driven past The Station and I have to say it looked really nice.  Got a good view inside as it was all lit up with big front windows.  Looks very smart inside. 

Their website says they stock cask ale so that's my choice. 

Well if I make it back to Kings Heath ... it's a definite pint there. Thanks

7 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Well if I make it back to Kings Heath ... it's a definite pint there. Thanks

I have to say I grew up in Moor Green Lane. Used to play football / cricket in Highbury Park from getting home from school to dark, with an interruption for tea.  Kings Heath was my playground until I was big enough to go into Town. I did get a little nostalgic driving down there this evening.  Not been there for years. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have to say I grew up in Moor Green Lane. Used to play football / cricket in Highbury Park from getting home from school to dark, with an interruption for tea.  Kings Heath was my playground until I was big enough to go into Town. I did get a little nostalgic driving down there this evening.  Not been there for years. 

It'll be interesting when there is a station again across the road from the Station Pub. Not before time.

Highbury Park, King's Heath Park and Billesley Common were all more or less equidistant. Always thought Highbury was the prettiest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Be interesting to see what sentence they hand down to that idiot slapper Katie Price, who it seems has caused an accident rolling her car whilst banned, uninsured and high on cocaine.

Interesting because were that you or I, we'd be spending Christmas behind bars.

Hopefully she will get the same.

Oh and over the drink-drive limit too, absolute spunksock.

She was tidy when she was younger, haven't been interested since the Dane vid, wouldn't surprise if she started supporting man city circa 2010.

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Be interesting to see what sentence they hand down to that idiot slapper Katie Price, who it seems has caused an accident rolling her car whilst banned, uninsured and high on cocaine.

And try pleading you did it because you were sad 😞 and see where that gets you.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

She was on TV Friday last week saying how heartbreaking it is she can’t visit her son who is in residential care somewhere because she is banned.

Then she’s driving around anyway high on drink and drugs.

It already looks like she’s receiving the “hope she gets the help she needs” from the public rather than “dangerous criminal could have killed someone”.

You'd think the odd taxi trip would be a relatively small part of the current cocaine budget.

I have little doubt she'll get a sentence that seems tame, but that's not special treatment, driving offences get nowhere near severe enough punishments in this country. Kill people beyond the wheel, willingly endanger people's lives, drink under the influence, and you're unlucky if you get so much as a suspended sentence, and the driving bans are always laughable. Driving ought to be seen as a privilege, not a right. 

If you ever want to kill someone, convince them to go out for a bike ride and knock them off on an A road. "Sun was in my eyes, your honour". No further questions, could happen to any of us, etc.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Funnily enough I was going to make a post on Katie Price, but @rjw63 beat me to it!

She's constantly broken the law with regards to driving. This is her 6th or 7th offence. She won't get prison time as she'll play the Mom card and the fact she's having a tough time at the minute. Most of it self inflicted. Absolute state. She needs a prison sentence or she'll just keep on doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why do mods always need to type in such an angry red, @blandy, I'd prefer a chilled out Emerald or Amethyst. It's much more encouraging. Primary school teachers have known this for decades, and you really should treat us like children :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why do mods always need to type in such an angry red, @blandy, I'd prefer a chilled out Emerald or Amethyst. It's much more encouraging. Primary school teachers have known this for decades, and you really should treat us like children :D 

The same reason that pillar boxes are red

• Like 1

I couldn't find a gaming thread (there's bound to be one right?) but will anybody be downloading the new free to play PES game tomorrow? eFootball I believe it's called (shocking name). 

I havent played a FIFA in years because of how shite they are, and I refuse to give EA any money lol. I've never really played a PES before because everyone I knew played FIFA. Are they any good in terms of gameplay or is it basically the same rubbish that EA dish out but with less licenses?

Edited by TreeVillan

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

The same reason that pillar boxes are red

All I'm saying is have you tried it.

Please don't warn me for commenting on moderation, I finally have a clean VT license (See how much more encouraging this is?) :blush:

Edited by Davkaus

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

Another crime related post... the Sarah Everard murderer... I only wish capital punishment was back for this case. What a vile piece of shit :(  

Hopefully he has an especially horrible experience in prison and wishes he was dead.

• Like 1

Â