General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s not easy . School have now said there will be online teaching from tomorrow which is good. Teachers still need to do their jobs whether in a classroom or online teaching. 

My wife hasbeen on the laptop doing school work since 8.45. haven't even had a nookie break :(

Just now, rjw63 said:

My wife hasbeen on the laptop doing school work since 8.45. haven't even had a nookie break :(

Get yourself positioned under the table while she’s typing away, seems to work on them there internet films. Nobody ever notices it’s going on, surprisingly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Fair play to her rob . Yeah I wouldn’t advise walking into the dining room bollocko trying to get some nookie. Not sure the kids parents would be too pleased 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Get yourself positioned under the table while she’s typing away, seems to work on them there internet films. Nobody ever notices it’s going on, surprisingly. 

He wouldn’t know where to start mate, he’s just about mastered the missionary position 

• Haha 2

Not weighed myself in ages. New scales just arrived . First time I’ve ever broke the 14+ stone barrier at 14 stone 4Ibs. It doesn’t half creep up on you as you get older . Not sure how I feel about it, but I’ve not cancelled my fish, chips and mushy peas from the chippy. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Your wife's still at school? 

No, in our front room. I went to work at 4.25 and she was still working.

Thankfully the nookie situation has been addressed

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

This basking shark washed ashore about 10 miles from where I am. No obvious cause of death they are saying.

I reckon being out of the water for so long can’t have done him any favours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

This basking shark washed ashore about 10 miles from where I am. No obvious cause of death they are saying.

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor, nature and water

To bask (verb) : to lie exposed to warmth and light, typically from the sun, for relaxation and pleasure.

Gerry was never the brightest shark in the bunch.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I reckon being out of the water for so long can’t have done him any favours.

If it was still alive when he washed ashore. Sharks usually don't do that. Maybe he just came into the bay to die.  When they are old, I hear they do that sometimes.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

If it was still alive when he washed ashore. Sharks usually don't do that. Maybe he just came into the bay to die when they are old, I hear they do that sometimes.

Youch, the poor bugger.

They are genuinely just about my favourite creature. My family are from Mevagissey way back (we’ve got a couple of name checks in the little harbour side museum!) and we go back there every now and again and do the whole touristy thing and go out on the little fishing boats.

We were out once, absolutely flat calm sea, and two basking swam along side for a while then crossed under the boat and away. It was shocking how big they were, bigger than the actual boat in my memory! 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My family are from Mevagissey way back (we’ve got a couple of name checks in the little harbour side museum!) and we go back there every now and again

When I lived in Cornwall (Newquay) we'd sometimes go there when the seas was rough on the North coast. There was a pub right on the Harbour where it used to flood at high tide, sometimes. Had a stone floor (obviously). Can't remember the name, mind. Lovely though.

Also applies to Charlestown, Porthpean, Foey, Truro....and loads more. 

• Like 1

Â