General Chat

Stevo985

“Empty at the end” is a pretty good description of the final days of the Lambert tenure (although admittedly some weren’t exactly feeling full at any point during his time here).

I remember seeing The Electric Soft Parade support Oasis back in ‘02 at the Old Trafford Cricket ground, alongside The Soundtrack of Our Lives and Richard Ashcroft. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton

3 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

A few years back we all swapped/posted off mix tapes/CDs, one of the edits I made has popped up on my music list.

who did I send this to!? 😂

I cleared out the garage back in the summer to set up an exercise bike and found a couple CD’s from @xann 

Lovely stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Facebook messenger. What's this all about, then? 

Screenshot_20201220_102948_com.android.chrome.jpg

It’s because the stickers and emojis used in chat have some tracking built into them ....just needs Facebook to find a new way of tracking everything you do then it will be available again 

• Haha 1

So, as mentioned in the pandemic thread, I went for a covid test (pretty sure my cough is just the usual winter lurgy, but worth checking). 

The drive-through was in a car park at Bradford University, so I got to return to the place I worked for nearly 30 years, but hadn't been back to since 2014. Strange feeling, but definitely not nostalgic. Made me very glad to have escaped. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Hi everyone . Hope you all had a great Xmas . I’d say the same about new year, but it’s a miserable time isn’t it. Need some VT in my life again. 

Nice one Ruge. Hope you and the family are all well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Hi everyone . Hope you all had a great Xmas . I’d say the same about new year, but it’s a miserable time isn’t it. Need some VT in my life again. 

Where you been mate?

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

'kin ell have you been?

Did you have a good Christmas?

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where you been mate?

Popped out for a loaf of bread and some milk , and got lost 😉

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

'kin ell have you been?

Did you have a good Christmas?

Lovely mate, I always enjoy Christmas. How was yours? You still in Bulgaria?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villarule123 said:

Bloody glory hunters, the Villa doing well and he comes scurrying back. 

Believe it or not I’ve not watched one game this season, not even any of ours. I keep an eye out, but there’s times I forget we are even playing. Was losing faith with the game anyway then once this virus started and one or two other things happened that pissed me off, I’ve not bothered. As things stand I think I’m done with footy unless things change, which is highly doubtful. Good to see us competing again though and it’s about bloody time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Like the plot from Flight of the Navigator. Fell into a ravine and wake up and its 10 years later! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Like the plot from Flight of the Navigator. Fell into a ravine and wake up and its 10 years later! 

I’d be lying if I said I knew what you was on about, I’ve not watched the film mate, but its more like 10 years back in time , the villa are chasing Europe again 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Lovely mate, I always enjoy Christmas. How was yours? You still in Bulgaria?

I am. It was lovely, I spent in a sling after tearing and dislocating my AC joint near my shoulder. Cooked a whole Christmas lunch one handed and discovered the lost art of left-handed self love.

Glad to have you back.

• Haha 1

Â