General Chat

Stevo985

Whilst we're on grammar and whatnot, I have found it impossible despite my best, conscious efforts, to stop putting double-spaces after full stops when I'm typing.  I know it's wrong, I know "kerning" (I think that's the right word) makes it irrelevant and it's a holdover from using typewriters but it was so thoroughly drilled into me that I just can't break the habit.  The 30-year nail-biting habit, I shook.  Only one space after a full stop?  My brain just won't allow it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Whilst we're on grammar and whatnot, I have found it impossible despite my best, conscious efforts, to stop putting double-spaces after full stops when I'm typing.  I know it's wrong, I know "kerning" (I think that's the right word) makes it irrelevant and it's a holdover from using typewriters but it was so thoroughly drilled into me that I just can't break the habit.  The 30-year nail-biting habit, I shook.  Only one space after a full stop?  My brain just won't allow it.

I think it makes things easier to read, so I'm all for it.  Makes it clear that's a full stop and a break in the text. 

Edited by sidcow

39 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I'm the same with double spaces , docs look better with them than without on some fonts . 

When autocorrect kicks in , my Word documents look like a kitchen wall after a 4 year old has been left alone in it with a marker pen,  the amount of  blue lines on the page

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When autocorrect kicks in , my Word documents look like a kitchen wall after a 4 year old has been left alone in it with a marker pen,  the amount of  blue lines on the page

Yup, I feel this.  Although at the very least I can tolerate colourful squiggly lines more than some patronising anthropomorphic staple.

On 13/01/2021 at 16:27, sidcow said:

Oh thanks a bunch.  Now I'll be searching everywhere for a black widow or funnel Web that's shipped in with my bananas. 

Spoiler

tumblr_lwjmezi2bR1qdlh1io1_400.gif

• Shocked 1

On 14/01/2021 at 08:22, sidcow said:

Whilst I am on the subject of mother nature, yesterday I was looking into the garden and I saw a squirrel fall out of a tree. 

You're a squirrel..... You've got one job. 

Haha, this reminds me of a time a very long time ago. 6th Form. I was walking home through the park with the GF at the time and her mate. A squirrel fell out of a tree onto the GFs mates head and gripped onto her very long red hair like it was fighting for its life. GFs mate is screaming and running round like a lunatic trying to free herself of the squirrel, The squirrel then shits itself.

Me, I can't stop laughing, too weak with laughter to help.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep, I’m like that with Jiffy bags and bubble wrap too. 

My mates wife is a serial collector of small plastic sealable bags. He reckons she's a secret drug dealer. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just got a (bonus) question right on Popmaster before he played the song. 

Which initialed band had this hit with Tammy Wynett 😏

Not to do your achievements down, basic 1 point question. 

Edited by Seat68

Â