General Chat

Stevo985

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Believe it or not I’ve not watched one game this season, not even any of ours. I keep an eye out, but there’s times I forget we are even playing. Was losing faith with the game anyway then once this virus started and one or two other things happened that pissed me off, I’ve not bothered. As things stand I think I’m done with footy unless things change, which is highly doubtful. Good to see us competing again though and it’s about bloody time. 

You should try watching it again. It's the most enjoyable football I've seen us play in my 25 years as a fan, we boss most games and have a great defence! It cheers me up at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I am. It was lovely, I spent in a sling after tearing and dislocating my AC joint near my shoulder. Cooked a whole Christmas lunch one handed and discovered the lost art of left-handed self love.

Glad to have you back.

Could be worse I suppose .  It was quite cold over here this Xmas and we had snow several days which was great. Was it sunny where you are? 

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I am. It was lovely, I spent in a sling after tearing and dislocating my AC joint near my shoulder. Cooked a whole Christmas lunch one handed and discovered the lost art of left-handed self love.

Glad to have you back.

Spent a few days in Sofia (sounds wrong) with work about 18 months ago. Very interesting place and intend to go back to see more of the country at some point and will have to pick your brain on places to see. Was a nightmare to get to mind (took about 8 hours to fly there). 

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

You should try watching it again. It's the most enjoyable football I've seen us play in my 25 years as a fan, we boss most games and have a great defence! It cheers me up at the moment. 

Not going to lie I’m tempted but I’ve done away with sky and all that. I only watch the news nowadays . 

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That reminds me is our @chrisp65 still listening to shit music 

**** me man, welcome back.

I was really only thinking of you the other day and hoping everything was cool.

Yep, I’ve diversified in to more genres of shit, but it’s still all basically shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

**** me man, welcome back.

I was really only thinking of you the other day and hoping everything was cool.

Yep, I’ve diversified in to more genres of shit, but it’s still all basically shit.

Ups and downs but that’s life.  Well whatever keeps the ears entertained 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I prefer to hear it from the horses mouth. You know where you stand then. 

If you fancy something a little different, tune in at 8:00pm and get it direct from the horse’s arse.

• Haha 2

Hello @Rugeley Villa  Welcome back, everyone has been so worried about you!

I mentioned to Mrs Sidcow the other day that Selina Scott used to be on telly loads and you literally NEVER see her on anything anymore. 

2 minutes ago Mrs Sidcow said, look there's Selina Scott on telly now.  I look up and there is this old lady on the TV.  I literally couldn't look at it. 

I know I've aged in the same way but I've got used to that down the years.  It was a real shock to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Like Christmas all over again here. The kids are waiting with their fireworks for him at announce no school for 2 months 

My daughter will be pleased. My lad is a bit disappointed. First lockdown brought him down by the end. It certainly damaged his mental health and he remembers it.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

My daughter will be pleased. My lad is a bit disappointed. First lockdown brought him down by the end. It certainly damaged his mental health and he remembers it.

How old is he?  We did our best to teach from home but it weren’t ideal. The school they go to which is known for being pretty good let us down and was not as good as other schools who set up online teaching. Ours handled it pretty well although they did get a bit bored at times. Luckily their marks stayed at a good standard so they didn’t really fall behind. I’m alright I can go to work still, but the missus has to give up her 2-3 days a week to stay at home with the kids. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How old is he?  We did our best to teach from home but it weren’t ideal. The school they go to which is known for being pretty good let us down and was not as good as other schools who set up online teaching. Ours handled it pretty well although they did get a bit bored at times. Luckily their marks stayed at a good standard so they didn’t really fall behind. I’m alright I can go to work still, but the missus has to give up her 2-3 days a week to stay at home with the kids. 

The lad is coming up 11. He knows he won’t see his mates for quite a few weeks. No football training or games. He’s gutted. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

The lad is coming up 11. He knows he won’t see his mates for quite a few weeks. No football training or games. He’s gutted. 

Yeah he’s at that age now isn’t he. Child blues usually pass but it can’t be nice seeing your kids struggling with their mental health . You and the missus both work from home ? 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah he’s at that age now isn’t he. Child blues usually pass but it can’t be nice seeing your kids struggling with their mental health . You and the missus both work from home ? 

Yeah we’re lucky in that sense. The wife only works 2 days a week too so she can help more with teaching.

We all know it’s the right thing to do, but still a downer.

Just now, Genie said:

Yeah we’re lucky in that sense. The wife only works 2 days a week too so she can help more with teaching.

We all know it’s the right thing to do, but still a downer.

It is the right thing to do, but still doesn’t make it easy.  Maybe take some time out every day to take him running/cycling and other fitness regimes. Keeps him fit mentally as well as physically. You may already do this anyway . 

• Like 1

Â