General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Been waiting for this to drop for a while

Is it still a drop if the tango was in November? Seems like a long-awaited release to me.

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

For those who may be interested, my album 'November Tango' is now available for streaming on Soundcloud. In the unlikely event that anyone would like a physical CD, PM me! 

interesting more stripped back re-visit on It's raining in Moscow  ..think I prefer the At the Unfairground version but maybe its cause I'm more familiar with it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Went to Solihull a few days ago and had a Bacon and cheese Double XL at Burger King and its still the best burger you can get imo. It's nigh on perfect.

I find them far too dry

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Microwaved, as per @limpid‘s recent revelation

Some of the best coffee in the world has a processing procedure involving a small animals furry sphincter. Sometimes we have to suffer to get to the destination 😁

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Some of the best coffee in the world has a processing procedure involving a small animals furry sphincter

That's why you have to sieve it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Some of the best coffee in the world has a processing procedure involving a small animals furry sphincter. Sometimes we have to suffer to get to the destination 😁

Oh I wasn’t knocking it. It was one of my favourite fast food burgers when I ate meat. 

Just surprising is all

(oh and I’ve had that coffee. It ain’t that great!)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

(oh and I’ve had that coffee. It ain’t that great!)

Not what it’s cracked up to be, then?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

interesting more stripped back re-visit on It's raining in Moscow  ..think I prefer the At the Unfairground version but maybe its cause I'm more familiar with it

This version is how I wanted it to sound in the first place, but what we got was that more 80s sound, with the Costello-ish piano arrangement (probably more your sort of thing). So I thought I'd restore the original 'jangly 12 string' concept just for fun. Thanks for listening anyway!

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

For those who may be interested, my album 'November Tango' is now available for streaming on Soundcloud. In the unlikely event that anyone would like a physical CD, PM me! 

That Peter Allen has got quite the American Twang :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

cherry tomatoes chopped in half, little mozzarella balls, basil leaf on cocktail sticks with then pesto and balsamic vinegar splashed over the top

cant get much easier than that for a sunny weather snack

Pepperamis?

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I thought I'd restore the original 'jangly 12 string' concept just for fun

I like that Byrdsy jangle you got going there - esp on the last one

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

I like that Byrdsy jangle you got going there - esp on the last one

I'll have to have a listen but I hope it doesn't sound like The Smiths or the first Stone Roses album :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

That Peter Allen has got quite the American Twang :P

Always a problem for Brits who like American music. I used to stress about it, but I've stopped worrying. It is what it ^H^H^H^H^H.... 

Remember that episode of “Blackadder II”, when Edmund has two parties going on at the same time, the one with the angry, tense atmosphere, the other with wall to wall vomiting and Edmund is trying to run back and forth between the two?

That’s how the other football section feels at the moment with the Bruce and Newcastle threads.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Remember that episode of “Blackadder II”, when Edmund has two parties going on at the same time, the one with the angry, tense atmosphere, the other with wall to wall vomiting and Edmund is trying to run back and forth between the two?

Surprised that scenario was never repeated by  later sitcoms.  

22 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Surprised that scenario was never repeated by  later sitcoms.  

Not quite the same, but there’s that episode of friends where they have two parties for Rachel because her parents don’t get on.

Oh and the restaurant bit in Mrs Doubtfire has similarities.

There’s gotta be some more, but can’t think of them.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Not quite the same, but there’s that episode of friends where they have two parties for Rachel because her parents don’t get on.

Oh and the restaurant bit in Mrs Doubtfire has similarities.

There’s gotta be some more, but can’t think of them.

They have all done it dude. I'm watching a Brooklyn 99 episode with the 2 party formula right now.

Â