General Chat

Stevo985

41 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Best I can find for you.

Will probably only work if you’re replying to friends who own a dog with a racially insensitive name.

C3E9C0D9-0FF1-4561-96C2-C34FEF861D3B.gif

Does that video go with the quote? I thought it was when he was stood near reception introducing people to his black dog.

It is my favourite all time comedy.

EDIT: actually yeah, probably is right. His dog is called Nelson and that's something different.

Edited by Genie

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Does that video go with the quote? I thought it was when he was stood near reception introducing people to his black dog.

It is my favourite all time comedy.

EDIT: actually yeah, probably is right. His dog is called Nelson and that's something different.

“What's black and slides down Nelson's column? - Winnie Mandela?! Oh yeah, that's good, no, it's not racist, is it?” Noo, not at all. 

• Haha 2

In other 'shocked they said it' news my mum came out with the phrase "Happy as a Sandboy" on the phone to me recently and I questioned it. She suggested I prove to her it's a racial thing.

Then I read up about it and it turns out it really is about a lad who's happy down the beach. So I had to phone her back and eat humble pie.

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

In other 'shocked they said it' news my mum came out with the phrase "Happy as a Sandboy" on the phone to me recently and I questioned it. She suggested I prove to her it's a racial thing.

Then I read up about it and it turns out it really is about a lad who's happy down the beach. So I had to phone her back and eat humble pie.

"Happy as a dog with two dicks" or "happy as a pig in shit" are my favourites. 

My uncle always used to refer to a chines takeaway as a chongy. That's stuck in our house, but not outside the house as people wouldn't understand what the hell I am talking about. 

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

"Happy as a dog with two dicks" or "happy as a pig in shit" are my favourites. 

What if the dog was non binary and didn’t identify itself with man made gender stereotyping  ? 

20 hours ago, Xann said:

Southern, Gatwick Express and British Airways having a compound cluster***k.

I flew out with BA yesterday from LHR  ... thankfully only delayed 90 mins ... the ground staff were pretty stressed as they had missing passengers and were having to board planes and do checks to see if they were actually on the flight or not ... and then remove luggage from planes if they weren’t !! We had 3 missing passengers whose luggage had to be removed 

think I’d missed the worst of it thankfully 

my gut feel is they were hacked rather than an outage but I’m probably wrong 

40 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My uncle always used to refer to a chines takeaway as a chongy. That's stuck in our house, but not outside the house as people wouldn't understand what the hell I am talking about. 

chongy is chewing gum where im from

and I always took "like a dog with 2 dicks" as meaning  persistent or enthusiastic or unable to leave something alone rather than happy

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I flew out with BA yesterday from LHR  ... thankfully only delayed 90 mins ... the ground staff were pretty stressed as they had missing passengers and were having to board planes and do checks to see if they were actually on the flight or not ... and then remove luggage from planes if they weren’t !! We had 3 missing passengers whose luggage had to be removed 

think I’d missed the worst of it thankfully 

my gut feel is they were hacked rather than an outage but I’m probably wrong 

There was some woman on the news last night talking utter cock rot

Her point went something like this. We're flying to Croatia, we paid for the more expensive flights with BA because you know we don't expect this to happen with them and now we're going to miss our connection in Vienna. I hindsight we should have gone for the cheaper option and flown direct with Wizz Air.

Firstly I have zero sympathy because she's an idiot and secondly when was the last summer BA didn't have some sort of major incident and disruption, jeez they must be the worst carrier out of the UK for ludicrous summer interuptions

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

What if the dog was non binary

Well, statistically, though not hard to spot, it doesn't happen  -  looking at over a thousand dogs, all are binary - e.g. 1001 Dalmations

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Well, statistically, though not hard to spot, it doesn't happen  -  looking at over a thousand dogs, all are binary - e.g. 1001 Dalmations

Only 1 in 1010  people will get that joke 

Â