General Chat

Stevo985

I just go to start - shut down - "are you sure?" - click - windows music - out until alarm wakes me up.

I don't care if there's white noise, pink noise, heavy metal, club decibel level noise, no noise, dark, bright or anything.

I wanna sleep? I close my eyes and go to sleep, like a real man. 

Never had trouble sleeping thankfully.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I just go to start - shut down - "are you sure?" - click - windows music - out until alarm wakes me up.

I don't care if there's white noise, pink noise, heavy metal, club decibel level noise, no noise, dark, bright or anything.

I used to be like that, I was kinown for my ability to sleep anywhere. I've slept in the back of transit vans perched on guitar amps whilst being driven up the motorway on the way back from gigs and kinds of mad places. Sadly, not any more

Shit nights sleep again but I somehow managed to turn the pink noise off, so I'll have to investigate why this happened

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've tried ASMR to get to sleep before. There's videos on YouTube of a bang tidy Chinese woman whispering and tapping her finger nails on things. 

I genuinely tried that too. I don't really like it. It's weird.

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I genuinely tried that too. I don't really like it. It's weird.

The ones where she just makes noises with objects are ok. When she role plays welcoming you home from work are odd.

Weirdest erections ever.

ASMR Softlygaloshes - nurse role play/scalp check. 

I dunno who this weird person is, why she's doing what she's doing or why I find it so relaxing but if I need to concentrate at work, that's what's on.

If I ever got caught with it on.. well.. I just don't know what I'd do. I'd probably have to kill the person who saw it. 😳

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Don't get to be too complacent. That was me, my whole life until a couple of years ago. I always pitied people who had insomnia. If you look back through VT OT you'll find various posts from me, boasting about my party trick of being able to sleep like a log and wake up to order without use of an alarm. No more. I assume it's down to age, but I'm now among the ranks of the sleepless. And, to go by the media experts, sleep deprivation is the new smoking - causes everything from cancer to depression, heart disease and dementia. Which itself causes an anxiety feedback loop and worse sleep. Happy days. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't get to be too complacent. That was me, my whole life until a couple of years ago. I always pitied people who had insomnia. If you look back through VT OT you'll find various posts from me, boasting about my party trick of being able to sleep like a log and wake up to order without use of an alarm. No more. I assume it's down to age, but I'm now among the ranks of the sleepless. And, to go by the media experts, sleep deprivation is the new smoking - causes everything from cancer to depression, heart disease and dementia. Which itself causes an anxiety feedback loop and worse sleep. Happy days. 

ah, shit man.. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

ASMR Softlygaloshes - nurse role play/scalp check. 

I dunno who this weird person is, why she's doing what she's doing or why I find it so relaxing but if I need to concentrate at work, that's what's on.

If I ever got caught with it on.. well.. I just don't know what I'd do. I'd probably have to kill the person who saw it. 😳

Nope.  Didn't catch any of that.

• Like 1

Had my first ever Papa John's take away pizza last night after it being recommended to me by a few people. Utter utter crap. Worse than Domino's. 

Pizza Hut is the best mainstream takeaway pizza imo and they aren't that great either but **** me they are on another stratosphere compared to Papa John's. Never again. 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Had my first ever Papa John's take away pizza last night after it being recommended to me by a few people. Utter utter crap. Worse than Domino's. 

Pizza Hut is the best mainstream takeaway pizza imo and they aren't that great either but **** me they are on another stratosphere compared to Papa John's. Never again. 

I had a Papa Johns at a Haven Holiday Park and it was **** brilliant.  There is one in Halesowen now, but it is a franchise and the reviews are less than kind, so I've been too scared to commit :(  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I had a Papa Johns at a Haven Holiday Park and it was **** brilliant.  There is one in Halesowen now, but it is a franchise and the reviews are less than kind, so I've been too scared to commit :(  

Maybe going into a restaurant itself may be different? I know that he last time I had a sit down Pizza Hut it was dire but the take away is much better. Maybe it's just the Kings Heath branch of Papa John's?

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Maybe going into a restaurant itself may be different? I know that he last time I had a sit down Pizza Hut it was dire but the take away is much better. Maybe it's just the Kings Heath branch of Papa John's?

Yea I'd probably agree.

I went for sit-down Pizza Hut with the wife about 6 weeks ago and it was absolute todd. 

I always think it's Domino's>Papa's>Dirty Pizza (the shitty little ones you can buy a pizza for £1 from)<Pizza Hut. 

Never been a fan! :(  

• Thanks 1

Â