General Chat

Stevo985

Those 2 young women beheaded in Morocco while they were camping. What a horrible story :(

Killed in the name of religion by some backwards stoneage bastards. 

• Sad 2

On 19/12/2018 at 12:07, Tegis said:

85.9%: the proportion of British trains that ran on time -- the lowest for more than a decade

The stat is actually much worse than that, that's just the late trains if they included the cancelled trains (👏🏿 Northern) it would be far far worse because the train companies have worked out all sorts of ruses to distort the figures and get away with smaller fines

It is cheaper to cancel trains and pay the compensation to passengers than it is to pay the fine. The train can't be late if it doesn't run

It's cheaper to get the train on time by running it "semi-fast" so it gets to the final destination on time. Semi-Fast means it now becomes a limited stop whereas when you boarded the train it stopped everywhere. The train is on time, you, however, are late because you had to catch a train back or forward from the station you got off at to the station you actually wanted

I use the train a lot if I'm going in and out of birmingham or to and from a villa game.

But I'd say 85.9% is very generous if we're talking about how often they're on time on my route.

I'd say it was more accurate if it said 85.9% were late.

On 24/12/2018 at 00:09, Stevo985 said:

I use the train a lot if I'm going in and out of birmingham or to and from a villa game.

But I'd say 85.9% is very generous if we're talking about how often they're on time on my route.

I'd say it was more accurate if it said 85.9% were late.

I've tagged you in this Ben because I'm sure you know the village of Bandon.

Hourihane is pronounced How-ra-han.

Just learnt it. I'm also massively spastikated  

But my man here is from the next village and I pronounce it Huri-han. Apparently its How-ra-han. 

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've tagged you in this Ben because I'm sure you know the village of Bandon.

Hourihane is pronounced How-ra-han.

Just learnt it. I'm also massively spastikated  

But my man here is from the next village and I pronounce it Huri-han. Apparently its How-ra-han. 

Yep I know Bandon well.

And yes, every time I mention "Hoo-ree-han" (as I pronounce it) my irish mom or uncle (my two irish relatives who would care about Aston Villa) laugh at me. We definitely pronounce it incorrectly

Start as you mean to go on London...

My mate got robbed on Xmas Eve at knife point in North London. Is crime going up or is it just more widely reported?

Two people have been stabbed to death and four others hurt in separate attacks in the early hours of the morning in London.

A man died after being stabbed outside a private party in Park Lane, in the West End, at about 05:30 GMT.

Two men, aged 37 and 29, and a woman, aged 29, were also stabbed.

About an hour earlier, a woman was fatally stabbed in Southwark and at around the same time a woman was shot at a nightclub in Hackney.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46728460

20 hours ago, Xann said:

All part of the Tory underclass creation program.

you are Diane Abbot and I claim my £5  ... not in cash though as I'll probably get knifed by someone for it

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wondered how long it would be before the T word got mentioned

hang around and someone will blame Thatcher then you can have two T's for the price of one :)

Â