General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If only there was some sort of vaccination that your work would give you for free that would stop you getting this "flu".

I've known people that have taken it and still got flu so what do you do then?

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know people who have died in car crashes with their seatbelt on. So why even bother wearing them?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have the flu, you'll live but why not have the jab that can increase your chances of not getting it by immunizing you against the most likely strains this year

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

I often get dragged into Wikipedia black holes, too.

Can’t resist a good hyperlink to help me better understand the original article, but twenty minutes later and you’re so far removed from what you initially started to read.

I love it. Remember before when all we had was Encarta? Even that was mindblowing to my child brain at the time.

If you read so much, then why are you still terribly thick? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Can’t resist a good hyperlink to help me better understand the original article, but twenty minutes later and you’re so far removed from what you initially started to read.

I love it. Remember before when all we had was Encarta? Even that was mindblowing to my child brain at the time.

You ever play the Wikipedia game?

Click the random article button on Wikipedia. Remember the article you get. Then click the random article button again. From the new article, try and get back to the first article you were taken to by ONLY pressing hyperlinks within articles.

Very sad, but fund :D 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

I (and my kids) used to do the same thing with printed encyclopædias! 

Just now, Xela said:

I know someone who had a flu jab then BAM! Dies in a crash crash 30 years later.

Just no consistency. 

"Oyster and a bottle of whiskey a day, and 50 years later he was dead!"

Just now, Stevo985 said:

"Oyster and a bottle of whiskey a day, and 50 years later he was dead!"

Homer or Griffin?

I knew I had heard something similar before. 

Statistics of the Year 2018: Winners announced

$1.3 billion: the amount lost from the value of Snapchat within a day after Kylie Jenner tweeted: "Sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore?"
85.9%: the proportion of British trains that ran on time -- the lowest for more than a decade
40%: the percentage of Russian men who do not live to the age of 65
64,946: the number of measles cases in Europe from November 2017 to October 2018
82%: the percentage of all British retail shopping that is still in-store rather than online
16.7%: the percentage reduction of the number of Jaffa Cakes in the McVities' Christmas tube
6.4%: the percentage of female executive directors within FTSE 250 companies

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think Dem's scared of needles. 

Ha ha funny enough it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just don't believe in injections for this kind of thing.

Rather if I get it I naturally recover via my immune system. Still doesn't explain the fact why consultants themselves dont get the flu jab either....

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How you feeling? Sounds awful..I'm convinced one of the worst ways of getting sick is public transport. Being congested in a small squashed place around so many people (some not bathing since the 90s) with others who are sick cannot be good forming a combination cocktail of flu mojito.

I'm scared I'm gonna get it for xmas three of my team mates are sick at the moment yet they are coming in. Just call in sick damnit!

Still feel terrible mate, its knocked me for six! This cough has sat heavy on my chest for weeks plus combined with asthma its a nightmare. My throat is so sore I can barely swallow as well (insert Kenneth Williams gif).

The train has been full of everyone coughing their lungs up for weeks, I have no doubt that is the cause. That, or Bangkok flu! :ph34r:

Â