General Chat

Stevo985

Can't you pay the restaurant via Credit Card over the phone? That's how I'd usually pay a deposit on a booking, at home or abroad. Bank transfer into an account sounds a long winded way of doing it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Can't you pay the restaurant via Credit Card over the phone? That's how I'd usually pay a deposit on a booking, at home or abroad. Bank transfer into an account sounds a long winded way of doing it?

I can pay them on the day. I just wanted to get it paid off in advance so I have less faffing around on the weekend to do.

Given the inconvenience and potential fees I think I'll just pay them on the day.

But thanks for everyone's help.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on an unannounced under the radar work from home day.

I've done everything you'd imagine someone does when they're home alone (ref Mitchel & Webb), plus an absolute **** ton more work than I managed yesterday or Friday in an office environment.

Seriously, it's not quite 2:00pm and I've already done more work than could ever have been achieved in the office with all the questions and suggestions and impromptu meetings and all that schizz. I had 4 days to do a piece of work, which was comfortable timing, then realised I was 2 days in and hadn't started it in a meaningful way. Got up, dressed for work and started just before 8:00am, I reckon 6:00pm this evening it'll be done and dusted a day ahead of schedule, and, better for the fact I've had some thinking time that extended more than 7 minutes without interruption.

Took a while to get used to, but I can genuinely work well from home now.

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've done everything you'd imagine someone does when they're home alone (ref Mitchel & Webb), plus an absolute **** ton more work than I managed yesterday or Friday in an office environment.

Seriously, it's not quite 2:00pm and I've already done more work than could ever have been achieved in the office with all the questions and suggestions and impromptu meetings and all that schizz. I had 4 days to do a piece of work, which was comfortable timing, then realised I was 2 days in and hadn't started it in a meaningful way. Got up, dressed for work and started just before 8:00am, I reckon 6:00pm this evening it'll be done and dusted a day ahead of schedule, and, better for the fact I've had some thinking time that extended more than 7 minutes without interruption.

If you don't have much to do then working from home can be dangerous as it's so easy to get sidetracked.

But I find if you have loads to do and just need to get your head down and get it done, working from home is amazing. Like you say there are so little distractions and meetings and bullshit that you can just get on with things.

It's not for everyone, but it can be very productive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If you don't have much to do then working from home can be dangerous as it's so easy to get sidetracked.

But I find if you have loads to do and just need to get your head down and get it done, working from home is amazing. Like you say there are so little distractions and meetings and bullshit that you can just get on with things.

It's not for everyone, but it can be very productive.

I do 2 days a week from home now. Its nice to have the option and I have got a lot to be going on with so I like it. I get too distracted in a busy office, especially when there a quite a few attractive ladies there! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

you got dressed to work at home? please tell me that involves a suit and shoes, or some kind of hi vis gear 😂

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

you got dressed to work at home? please tell me that involves a suit and shoes, or some kind of hi vis gear 😂

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I'm in the construction industry, but not a trade or labour, so yeah, it's basically Bob the Builder but also a cane, a monocle and a hi vis cape.

I meant dressed as in normal clothes, not rocking around in yesterdays undies and my wife's nightie. Just to be mentally in the zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha Craggy Island Police force have just requested every single booking in the last 6 months for a very common Irish male Christian name, in Liverpool at the third largest Private Hire Company in the country

My sarcasm couldn't contain itself

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Anyone on here switched to utilities warehouse? Normally when things seem too good to be true they usually are, but can't seem to find a catch with this. 

Not sure of the size of the company but haven't 10 or so small energy companies in the UK gone bust in the last 12 months? Quite often the cheap deals used to entice people turn out to be not as good as first described with a number of rapid increases in your payments  

I don't want to piss on your chips but i always tend to stick with one of the big players even if it means I pay a little bit more. I'll pay that to avoid any fuss or messing about if the worst happens

Congrats @TheAuthority!

I'm here to ask, has anybody ever had a period of time where they get **** injured constantly?

October 2018, broke my ankle and also damaged nerves in my left foot. Got put on some really shitty meds for the pain. I've had a steroid injection in the foot recently.

Two weeks ago, I dislocated my shoulder. It's absolutely agony. I'm all strapped up and find it hard to work on my computer due to my arm.

Two days ago I broke fingers on my right hand!

I feel like I'm training with Villa!

So frustrated as I've had to turn down good opportunities recently. 😭

• Sad 1

So visiting brum this weekend am staying close to New Street and I have to say since my last visit there are a hell of a lot more poverty than all my previous visits. A lot of people begging, homelessness also. 

Are things really that bad here for those that live here? 

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Anyone on here switched to utilities warehouse? Normally when things seem too good to be true they usually are, but can't seem to find a catch with this. 

Seriously mate. If I was you. Get them to f*** straight away.

We were roped in years ago by some twunt in the playground who'd just became a rep for them and shoving down everyones throats to sign up... before even reading or mulling over who they where and what they offered the missus at the time had already said yes and signed up. Clever cloggs!

The company - All happy with you at first but god damn they are a nightmare.

Me and Ex at time had a battle with these **** for well over a year that involved Pre Payment meters.. hiked debt added to the metres with interest that could never financial viably add up and be paid, baliff visits, the lot. A poisonous little company despite numerous attempts to contact them to come to a suitable arrangement and find out why they were acting like bastards. You're met with little jumped up **** on the other end of the phone that just made things worse snd docunent aload of lies or not even document your call at all.

Stick with some of the 'named' companies. Npower etc. Trust me.

Â