General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What's everyone's opinion on the flu jab? My work are really pushing us to get it done but I don't want it. Touch wood I rarely get flu so why do I need to get this bloody thing if I have don't have to?

Because you won't get that strain of it if you do have it.

It's just precautionary, older/young people benefit more.  I work in a hospital, and a lot of my colleagues got it, I just kept forgetting. 

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Because you won't get that strain of it if you do have it.

It's just precautionary, older/young people benefit more.  I work in a hospital, and a lot of my colleagues got it, I just kept forgetting. 

Yeah i am in the too but we are off site so I don't feel I need it. I can understand it to a extent if your dealing with patients face to face but people should be given a choice its our bodies at the end of the day.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i am in the too but we are off site so I don't feel I need it. I can understand it to a extent if your dealing with patients face to face but people should be given a choice its our bodies at the end of the day.

It is your choice :lol:  

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It is...but if your nhs managers are like mine its kind of not ! That's how much they pressure you. 

Guessing yoyr trust is not as strict as ours. 

I don't work for a Trust, I work for the hard service providers ;)  

But in some aspects, I'm treated like staff (NHS card, free jabs etc). 

First year in the last six where I've not taken up the offer of a free jab from my employer. I've had flu 5 on five occasions during that time. I'm not saying it doesn't work but I thought I'd undertake my own unscientific experiment this year and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Noticed colds and flu seem to have changed somewhat over time.

The symptoms don't seem to be as full on, but they linger much longer.

Anyone else concur?

Yep. I always seem to end up with a cough that sticks around for weeks after the main symptoms have gone. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It is...but if your nhs managers are like mine its kind of not ! That's how much they pressure you. 

Guessing yoyr trust is not as strict as ours. 

If you're in contact with frail folk in the course of your day? You should do it for fairly obvious reasons.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Xann said:

If you're in contact with frail folk in the course of your day? You should do it for fairly obvious reasons.

I'm not. They moved us off site to our local civic centre where the only interaction with have with patients is via telephone. 

To your other point about flu. I do notice that flu is not as aggressive but it seems to last longer. I find night nurse and day nurse are the best for quickest recovery time when I do catch it.

I tend to take vitamin d tablets in winter and I feel that helps preventing flu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Because I very rarely get flu as I said. Why would I get it?

I very rarely get AIDs but I'd still accept a free vaccine if it was given to me.

It takes like 30 seconds and will stop you getting the flu on the off chance you do actually get it.

• Haha 2

HEY GUYS.. Have you ever noticed that the Flu these days is like one of those Loooooonngggg, drawn out relationships??  Y'know.. it's like you got the flu, but it's not as saucy as it used to be, but you tolerate each other? 

It used to be like a week long fling.  Hard and fast, but gone and out of your system in a few days. HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT?

I mean, come on flu... you may as well take half my wardrobe.. DO YOU GET ME?!!?! 

super cool smoke GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not. They moved us off site to our local civic centre where the only interaction with have with patients is via telephone. 

To your other point about flu. I do notice that flu is not as aggressive but it seems to last longer. I find night nurse and day nurse are the best for quickest recovery time when I do catch it.

I tend to take vitamin d tablets in winter and I feel that helps preventing flu.

If you're able to treat it with Day Nurse it's not flu, it's a cold.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I very rarely get AIDs but I'd still accept a free vaccine if it was given to me.

It takes like 30 seconds and will stop you getting the flu on the off chance you do actually get it.

Do you get shots for rabies as well just in case? :D

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. I always seem to end up with a cough that sticks around for weeks after the main symptoms have gone. 

I'm at that stage now. Coughing so much I have a pain in my back

Â