General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Latest thinking in sleep research suggests that (like binge drinking) this a bad strategy, i.e. sleeping longer at weekends doesn't compensate for sleep deprivation during the week. We're supposed to aim for the trad 'eight hours a night', as much as possible - and it seems that bad insomnia can have serious health repercussions. 

Paradoxically, I never had a problem with sleeplessness until I retired - or more specifically, since I started this grandparenting gig. It may just be a function of age, or maybe I'm unconsciously stressing about the responsibility, but I find myself waking up at various times during the night, and struggling to get off again. I'm shattered by Friday, and I don't do all that much better at the weekend, despite lying in for an extra three hours or so. 

i can imagine its not healthy and some nights I will be in bed at 10pm. Very rarely do I get the full 8 hours as I will wake up for spells during the night and maybe just stare out the window for  abit (I read that back and it sounds weirder than it is!)

However, I never sleep well on Sunday nights... Its almost mental now I feel. Whether it is subconsciously the thought of a full week at work and what I need to do, I don't know. Its not as though I dread going into work, I don't, I quite enjoy it at times, but a good Sunday night sleep is my holy grail and I never seem to be anywhere near it!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I never slept for 5 nights solid once. Now that was an experience.

A psychotic experience?

I know a couple of people that have done the same.

One's dead now, suicide.

If the other one skips a night's sleep these days? He gets a buzz out of it but inevitably gets sectioned.

It's recurred twice now, after the original episode where he broke himself.

He had a wobble when we were living and working in France.

He parked his car in a bush (for real) and went on the run from the occupying Nazis (in his head).

They say 7 hours is the healthy amount to sleep but I get 5 hours not sure why been like that for years now. Its weird I am up at 6am most days but I actually wake up automatically at around 5am . Bloody annoying.

I sleep alot better when I am abroad esp Cyprus 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

However, I never sleep well on Sunday nights... Its almost mental now I feel. 

Same here. I usually always end up watching the late NFL game . I'm 37 and I still feel naughty staying up late.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xann said:

A psychotic experience?

I know a couple of people that have done the same.

One's dead now, suicide.

If the other one skips a night's sleep these days? He gets a buzz out of it but inevitably gets sectioned.

It's recurred twice now, after the original episode where he broke himself.

He had a wobble when we were living and working in France.

He parked his car in a bush (for real) and went on the run from the occupying Nazis (in his head).

i was very close to getting sectioned put it that way. Ive had a couple of very bad episodes where I've crossed the line, but managed to pull myself back. Staying up two nights straight was standard, but now and again I'd go even further. It's amazing what you see, hear and think. I had this thing where I could call upon things to appear and I'd completely open myself up. It all seemed very real to me, even the delusional thoughts, but it was all drug related so that's that. 

got a hotel booked through booking.com, when i first tried to do it they declined my credit card, so i made another booking, turns out i now have 2 bookings for the same hotel, same room, guest name, dates etc the one is confirmed the one i need to edit my card details, problem is its pay at the hotel meaning that its showing as me owing double and of course its non refundable...

I've emailed them to say i only want one booking and they've made an error, waiting for the inevitable email back saying no they havent and they want me to pay for both, my thinking is that when i turn up at the hotel they will charge one booking to the card that works and the other booking to the one that got declined and i have since cancelled, will probably piss the hotel off though

anyone experienced something similar?

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

the date has expired on my old cough medicine

ok to still take it?

DRFX2EbX4AAWiDD.jpg

Take it in a safe place, I feel you may wake up with no recollection of the previous night, other than eating a lot of starburst.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

got a hotel booked through booking.com, when i first tried to do it they declined my credit card, so i made another booking, turns out i now have 2 bookings for the same hotel, same room, guest name, dates etc the one is confirmed the one i need to edit my card details, problem is its pay at the hotel meaning that its showing as me owing double and of course its non refundable...

I've emailed them to say i only want one booking and they've made an error, waiting for the inevitable email back saying no they havent and they want me to pay for both, my thinking is that when i turn up at the hotel they will charge one booking to the card that works and the other booking to the one that got declined and i have since cancelled, will probably piss the hotel off though

ah that sounds shit mate. booking can be aholes with non refundable thats why i always pay a lil extra with free cancellation to pay at hotel as if price goes down or find cheaper elsewhere you can cancel.

isnt your dispute though with your credit card company? if they declined it and payment went through its their fault surely? have you tried ringing them?

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If you wanted to cancel in other circumstances, you'd be shit out of luck, but they've **** up letting you have 2 bookings for the same room on the same night. They also know you have them by the balls as you can just not turn up. I can't see them refusing to fix this.

Reading about that major road collision in Brum this morning - 6 dead and 1 critical 

Awful :(

One minute you are in a taxi on the way home having no doubt enjoyed a nice night out, next you are dead. Life feels so fragile sometimes. 

A shame at any time of the year. Sad and unnecessary.

The state of brums roads with so many kids and chavs racing around in powerful beamers, Audi’s etc and other souped up performance stuff, it amazes me that we don’t have more. It’s like a race track out there all the time now. I hate driving around this city. Moseley/hall green is especially bad at the mo with all the rich drug dealer kids from crooked families tear arsing it around. I was waiting at the lights the other night, only my lane can go straight on. Kid pulls up next to me in right only lane. Lights go green and he nearly kills himself to speed off and get ahead of me to cut back into my lane just so he can be ahead. He only just about managed to pull this off and I just thought why? Why nearly hit me or the lane divider across the way just to get slightly ahead? I mentally wished him a merry Christmas and an early death while flashing him and flipping the bird. Word removed.

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

Reading about that major road collision in Brum this morning - 6 dead and 1 critical 

Awful :(

One minute you are in a taxi on the way home having no doubt enjoyed a nice night out, next you are dead. Life feels so fragile sometimes. 

Puts things into perspective, here one minute, gone the next. You just never know. 

Â