General Chat

Stevo985

Been hammering the simple linctus and halls soothers today, just had some night nurse about 30 minutes ago. My farts are the worst I’ve ever had, like depth charges going off in my guts and I’m a professional creator of air biscuits usually ok with my own produce so to disgust myself is some feat. The stench in my flat is truly horrendous. It’s like body shop but with cack. Horrid. Got the gf coming round in the morning so I’ll have to air the flat for a bit when I wake up. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

best band no one seems to have heard of, id guess not everyone's cup of tea because they're a bit moody, great band though, i got in to them a few years back after seeing them on jools, dont think ive heard them on the radio, not even the likes of radio x

i was part of a monthly vinyl club with my mates, each of us taking it in turns to buy a record for the group, my 1st one was alligator by the national, in the 2 years we did the club it was everyones favourite, if they come back this summer they could end up doing a big festival slot, got a very good reaction at a decent glastonbury slot this year

Quite often played on 6 Music when they have new product out

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

best band no one seems to have heard of, id guess not everyone's cup of tea because they're a bit moody, great band though, i got in to them a few years back after seeing them on jools, dont think ive heard them on the radio, not even the likes of radio x

i was part of a monthly vinyl club with my mates, each of us taking it in turns to buy a record for the group, my 1st one was alligator by the national, in the 2 years we did the club it was everyones favourite, if they come back this summer they could end up doing a big festival slot, got a very good reaction at a decent glastonbury slot this year

I've tried to listen to The National a couple of times, but just can't get into them. I just find them a bit dull. Plus my mate really likes them, so it's funny when he gets annoyed that I don't like them. I did like the documentary with yer man's brother though.

On 05/12/2017 at 14:33, Paddywhack said:

I told my wife that I did a 'Counter Terrorist' course at work yesterday. She very quickly replied "Did you count many?".

I didn't like that she spotted that joke when I didn't** so I shouted, "It is not funny! Terrorism is a very serious, very real threat and you should not make silly jokes about it!!"*

*This bit isn't true

** This bit is

I’m fairly sure the course is called Counter Terrorism, isn’t it? 

So fear not, you’re not losing your comedic abilities. You’re just shit at words.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I’m fairly sure the course is called Counter Terrorism, isn’t it? 

So fear not, you’re not losing your comedic abilities. You’re just shit at words.

It was actually called Counter Terrorism Awareness - Run, Hide, Tell...so you've made a fool of yourself.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

It was actually called Counter Terrorism Awareness - Run, Hide, Tell...so you've made a fool of yourself.

That’s a long title. Surely the last bit about making a fool of yourself will put people off telling others, although I don’t know who you’re meant to tell if you’re hiding anyway?

On 06/12/2017 at 14:11, villa4europe said:

did my spotify wrapped for 2017

i spent 40,428 minutes on spotify this year, that just over 28 days :o most listened to artist was the national, most listened to song was hard times by paramore

I just did mine, only 17,413 minutes of music. My Top Artists were Teenage Bottlerocket, MxPx, Masked Intruder, No Use For A Name & NOFX. Most listened to song was ‘In My Head’ by Teenage Bottlerocket. 

I definitely have a preferred genre.

42 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I just did mine, only 17,413 minutes of music. My Top Artists were Teenage Bottlerocket, MxPx, Masked Intruder, No Use For A Name & NOFX. Most listened to song was ‘In My Head’ by Teenage Bottlerocket. 

I definitely have a preferred genre.

I have no idea what that genre is! 

• Like 1

I only had Spotify on a week trial, and I used it to do a playlist of leftie songs, for a May Day rally. As such, my top artist was Billy Bragg, and the most listened to song was The Red Flag. :D

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I only had Spotify on a week trial, and I used it to do a playlist of leftie songs, for a May Day rally. As such, my top artist was Billy Bragg, and the most listened to song was The Red Flag. :D

I found a new one the other day and thought, ooh, I must tell dAVe for his list...

Voices of East Harlem, March Across This Land

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I found a new one the other day and thought, ooh, I must tell dAVe for his list...

Voices of East Harlem, March Across This Land

I'll look out for it. Ta. :thumb:

Â