General Chat

Stevo985

16 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

3 times now a woman at work has asked me for help with something, but hasn’t actually asked me a question, she just shows me documents or points at things.

I have to keep saying...”yeah?” and “so...what do you want?” without trying to sound rude. I always end up going back to my desk without actually having helped with anything or knowing what she was asking. 

I've had this before too :D 

A 10 minutes explanation culminating in me saying

"So... what are you asking me?"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This has been massively exaggerated recently though by the internet. There have been loads of "omg the SImpsons predicted this!" pictures and memes posted. But actually it's the exact opposite, it's the Simpsons (or a totally different animation) parodying something and then people claiming it was a prediciton.

49ae72d16361b0d9bd34db8cb74d15fa.jpg

This, for example, is total nonsense. The images on the left are from a YouTube animation from 2015, directly parodying the images on the right.

On the other, hand, this is spooky:

nLLcZpV.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

3 times now a woman at work has asked me for help with something, but hasn’t actually asked me a question, she just shows me documents or points at things.

I have to keep saying...”yeah?” and “so...what do you want?” without trying to sound rude. I always end up going back to my desk without actually having helped with anything or knowing what she was asking. 

I always find a long sigh followed with a "WHAT?!" helps nip these things in the bud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This has been massively exaggerated recently though by the internet. There have been loads of "omg the SImpsons predicted this!" pictures and memes posted. But actually it's the exact opposite, it's the Simpsons (or a totally different animation) parodying something and then people claiming it was a prediciton.

49ae72d16361b0d9bd34db8cb74d15fa.jpg

This, for example, is total nonsense. The images on the left are from a YouTube animation from 2015, directly parodying the images on the right.

There’s one old episode set in the future where Lisa is president and she says that the Government are broke following the Trump administration, as you said, there’s a million of these kind of references so some will happen.

10 hours ago, Xela said:

On the train to York today and at about Chesterfield I could feel a gurgling in my stomach... must have been the rumbling motion of the train combined with a large bowl of sugar puffs at 4:45am. By the time we hit Sheffield I was shuffling in my seat.. at Wakefield I had a sweat on. Now, before I carry on I will admit I refuse to use train toilets... mainly as once I was using one and the door opened (despite me locking it) and a few people caught a view of me shaking piss off the end of my todger. 

Leeds came and went and I was grimacing and almost delusional. Finally got to York and I was hobbled off, everything was in slow motion. I was scanning for the 'Toilets' sign like the Terminator. Platform 4 was my refuge! I walked in the style of an Olympic speed walker expect I was wearing brogues and had a laptop bag draped over my shoulder. As I approached my utopia I suddenly feared what would happen if all the cubicles were full? I'd have to do it in the sink and just pretend I was a raving lunatic that needed psychological help. Luckily 1 of the 3 cubicles were vacant. I thanked God, Allah and Ganesh as I dropped my trousers and let rip. I think I actually howled like a wolf in pleasure. All I will say, if you were in the toilets at 9:30am I can only apologise for the noises and stench that came out of the middle cubicle. 

*Nobs in understanding* That said when needed to will use any festering hole for a toilet, including trains and Wolves train station toilets before they were done up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

*Nobs in understanding* That said when needed to will use any festering hole for a toilet, including trains and Wolves train station toilets before they were done up. 

On 11/9/2017 at 11:37, Villan_of_oz said:

So would I.

Wait your turn!

Saying that her replacement Penny Mordaunt has a couple of things going for her...

Spoiler

1FA8B8D500000578-2854421-image-25_141729

• Like 1

Â