General Chat

Stevo985

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The only knowledge I have of Rush is from "I Love You, Man"

SLAPPA DAT BASS, MON!

Me too.  I know literally nothing else about them.

Match in Segunda B between Algeciras and Futbol Club Jumilla has gone to 'ToFi'. Or is at 'ToFi' according to livescore.com

It's 0-0 and now it's ToFi. Any idea what that means?

42 minutes ago, YLN said:

Match in Segunda B between Algeciras and Futbol Club Jumilla has gone to 'ToFi'. Or is at 'ToFi' according to livescore.com

It's 0-0 and now it's ToFi. Any idea what that means?

"To Finish"

I've never seen it used in football though. I've seen it in tennis, where it means a game will finish in the following session (stopped for rain or bad light, for example)

The only knowledge I have of Rush is from "I Love You, Man"

SLAPPA DAT BASS, MON!

Me too.  I know literally nothing else about them.

Even though I don't particularly like them, I know a fair bit about them (could name the lineup plus several album and song titles).

But I have no idea what "I Love You, Man" or "SLAPPA DAT BASS, MON" means.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Even though I don't particularly like them, I know a fair bit about them (could name the lineup plus several album and song titles).

I'd be incredibly surprised if you did.

"I Love You, Man" is a film. The characters love Rush. They shout stuff like "Slappa dat bass" when they're playing air bass.

That's about all you need to know :)

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I know nothing about Rush apart from a story a friend once told me.

He used to work at Aston Martin and used to show the customers their cars when they would book an appointment to watch it being assembled.

Guy comes in, my friend has no idea who he is. Showing him around giving it the usual 5* treatment friend asks what the chap does for a living. The guy says he's a musician. He then says his band are playing locally that night and he can sort some tickets out if he's interested. Friend says cool. Where you playing? The NEC guy replies. Turns out it was the lead singer :lol:

He had his mobile number and they'd text each other from time to time.

When I worked as a games tester a few years back, there was a big fat guy with really long black hair and a beard who worked on the development team.

He was about 40 I'd say. Every day he wore a different Rush tour t-shirt. Weird chap.

Â