General Chat

Stevo985

D1 could just be the alpha bastard whispering in your ear that all the others are bastards.

Hey, I'm not saying that is the case, I'm just saying it might be worth thinking about.

(whatever you do, don't let D1 see this, don't look him in the eye and let him know you've rumbled him, that could be highly highly dangerous)

• Like 3

On 13 December 2015 at 16:33, Xela said:

Music snob! ;)

I like Mr Writer, from the Stereophonics

I think that song was a direct dig at music writers wasn't it?  Needless to say, they have always had bad press since then, not that they didn't deserve a lot of it as they went a bit poo.  The first two albums I liked because each song seemed to have a little story behind it and was catchy.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Turns out you can put a 64g usb key in the wash then tumble dryer and still use it .....who knew eh

Genuine question. What do you use USB keys for? I only use them for OS installs .

Turns out you can put a 64g usb key in the wash then tumble dryer and still use it .....who knew eh

Yep. Oddly enough I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely no harm done.

Genuine question. What do you use USB keys for? I only use them for OS installs .

I put music on mine, for playing in the car (don't have a compatible mp3 player).

For me, I'm working in places where I'm not allowed a phone and they don't have internet. So it's the only practical way to get info in. 

Other places where I can mail ahead or use 'join.me' and similar things, I'll keep a back up on a stick just as a final fallback for my own peace of mind when smarter things suddenly turn out not to be working.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that anyone would carry a USB key and their phone, but I guess it takes all sorts. I guess some people don't get enough storage on their phones too [emoji4]

I've got an older Moto G, with 8Gb and no slot for an SD card. And, TBH, I don't want to use my phone for music anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

For me, I'm working in places where I'm not allowed a phone and they don't have internet. So it's the only practical way to get info in. 

Like I said, it takes all sorts. What kind of places have rules like that? The sites I've worked at that don't allow phones don't allow USB sticks either (and we had to lock our hard disks in safes at the end of the day).

Â