General Chat

Stevo985

I think more than anything its down to a shift in how news is produced and distributed. It's cheaper to lift stuff from local papers (where a man drowning could be genuinely newsworthy) and social media, plus it can be be done from the office by an intern working for peanuts, so thats what gets produced. So human interest stories or "it could happen to me" tragedies get precedence over lengthy investigative pieces not necessarily because we're all secretly craving snuff videos and upskirt shots of young girls at the beach but because people who make it can do so quickly and in great quantity. Then catch22 comes in because they use the volume as proof that there's demand.

Obviously that's only a small part of it, and I pretty much agree with you overall in that people need to switch off or source better information for themselves. Then again the falling numbers of newspaper sales year on year seem to suggest it's happening. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to switch on Midlands Today and actually hear about the new Bill that got passed and actually affects me rather than hearing about Sharon's pet ******* goat and it's big dreams of breaking into the entertainment industry.

Dare to dream!

Would anybody else find it hilarious if McLeish got the Huddersfield job especially considering the amount of stuff POB has probably posted on here about him :lol:

We could totally blackmail him.

Half of his £1,500 a week wages go to me. 

The rest of you can fight among yourselves you blood sucking leeches. :)

My boss is leaving the department and I need something witty to write in his card. He's a good guy and we get on very well. He's going to another part of the same business.

Any ideas?

"Best of luck. Keep in Touch.

(unless you finally go through with your plan to murder your wife, in which case, don't contact me unless it's really necessary)

Tamuff"

If you don't fancy that, just draw a giant, throbbing penis.

My boss is leaving the department and I need something witty to write in his card. He's a good guy and we get on very well. He's going to another part of the same business.

Any ideas?

(unless you finally go through with your plan to murder your wife, in which case, don't contact me unless it's really necessary)

Tamuff"

Yeah, with lashings of cum!

Any ideas?

Tamuff"

Yeah, with lashings of cum!

Represented by a dotted line emanating from the helmet

Are we adding testicles and pubic hair to this drawing?

Should I drive 45 minutes to play poker, or take the subway 10 minutes to my barber?

This poker room only plays sit and go tournaments, so top 3 at the table cash. And I rarely have good luck there.

Â