General Chat

Stevo985

I'm the only one who thought the Dreamcast was shite then?

nope me too

i also really struggle to get my head round 3D nintendo games, especially what they did to metroid

super metroid > metroid whatever it was called

super mario world > mario 64

link to the past > ocarina of time

i think the only nintendo game that got better was f-zero, which was ridiculous on the game cube, proper head spinner

nope nope nope.

Can't comment on metroid as never really played it.

But Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are both superb.

Ocarina of Time especially. Still the best game of all time.

Anyone over 25 simply has to agree with this.
I think you should put an upper limit on that. :) Edited by mjmooney

nope me too

i also really struggle to get my head round 3D nintendo games, especially what they did to metroid

i think the only nintendo game that got better was f-zero, which was ridiculous on the game cube, proper head spinner

nope nope nope.

I think you should put an upper limit on that. :)

Anyone born in the 20th century?

nope me too

nope nope nope.

I think you should put an upper limit on that. :)

Don't worry Mr Mooney. You can hang with me and the cool kids

cTyTLc7.jpg

The reaaly cool part about that Colecovision is the front dock for a Atari addon. So I could play the worst game of all time, ET

Edited by Tegis

I've had an epiphany recently that I need to sort my house out.

It's a shit hole.

Don't get me wrong, I don't live in my own filth, I keep it tidy and pretty clean.

But it's not deep clean. And I keep too much clutter.

So the next few weeks are going to be full of serious DIY/cleaning/decorating/gardening.

Should this be in the boring thread?

Nah, if it is, I need to put my life in there. I've got this week and next week off, and I intend to paint the living room, porch and possibly kitchen (whether I'll get any of it does, is a different matter).

I need a new kitchen too. That shit is expensive

If you know someone in the trade, you can go to Magnet kitchens and get 80% off.

I paid £2,500 for everything in my kitchen, soft closing doors, extractor fan, all cupboards and drawers, corner cupboards with slide out shelving etc etc.  Pretty good deal I think :)

I'd love to have the money to just get the kitchen done for me. BUt alas, I don't.

I'll be stuck with it for a couple of years yet.

I can do the rest of the house on a budget (I've already done the lounge and 2 out of 3 bedrooms), but you can't really do a kitchen on the cheap without it looking shite.

There's nothing wrong with mine, it's just old fashioned and a bit tatty. Oh and it's really narrow, which doesn't help.

Hall and landing is next. Very small which is good because it means painting it (which is all it really needs, plus the doors mentioned in another thread) will be a doddle. Just need to find a bit of furniture that will actually fit in the ****.

How the hell do people that don't do it for a job just know how to fit things like kitchens.  I'm in awe at the stuff my Dad can just seem to do.

A handy man I am not.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

How the hell do people that don't do it for a job just know how to fit things like kitchens.  I'm in awe at the stuff I'm Dad can just seem to do.

A handy man I am not.

haha same. My dad can do everything.

Not saying he's amazing at it, he's no pro and some of the stuff he's done don't look that professional, but he knows how to do it all.

I can do stuff if I have instructions, but my Dad just knows. He's fitted the kitchen and bathrrom at his house for example, and it's a very decent job!

I can't hang a **** door

Edited by Stevo985

You can do a kitchen on the cheap.

1) Rip the old one out and stick it all in a skip or if you really want to save money a few trips to the tip.

2) build the flat packed units up, easy.

3) Screw the floor mounted units together (use clamps and screws, easy).

4) Wall mounted units are also dead easy, just fix the little meal brackets to the wall and then hang the units on like a picture, easy).

5) You'll need to pay for a carpenter (sorry, not doing the 'chippy' gag again) to cut the worktops and bolt them together. get them to cut out the holes for the sink and the hob (if you have one) whilst you're at it. Should get it all for a days labour.

6) pay for a plumber to come in and connect up your sink / gas appliance

Easy peasy. It gets stupid money when you pay one person or company to do the lot when in reality if you break it down a good chunk of it can be done by basic DIY'ers.

• Like 1

That's how we did ours Tamuff.  Put all the cupboards and drawers together and in place, Bought a cooker/fridge etc and put them in place, bought all the taps/sinks etc and then just got a joiner in to put the worktop on for £100 for a day I think.  He was a decent guy and did a couple of other small jobs that needed doing without my knowledge, so I thought it was a good deal.

But there's still Stevo's expense of actually buying all the cupboards, handles etc.

That's what's expensive.

I also had my entire electrics done for £400, I think that was probably my biggest bargain, but I worked like a donkey boaring through all the floor/ceiling joists to feed the cables through..

That was hard work and put me off ever being a sparky :)

Couldn't be a plumber either, hate anything to do with plumbing - always reaching round impossible bends, stuff breaks easily, it's often damp/wet, always lying on your back.. not for me! :)

That's how we did ours Tamuff.  Put all the cupboards and drawers together and in place, Bought a cooker/fridge etc and put them in place, bought all the taps/sinks etc and then just got a joiner in to put the worktop on for £100 for a day I think.  He was a decent guy and did a couple of other small jobs that needed doing without my knowledge, so I thought it was a good deal.

But there's still Stevo's expense of actually buying all the cupboards, handles etc.

That's what's expensive.

I know what you mean but relatively speaking the price doesn't have to be thousands.

for example, on the Wickes website they have takeaway kitchens starting at £345 for 8 units, then add worktops, sink and maybe a few other bits and bobs you could buy the hardware for about £700. Add in a bit of labour should get it done for about £1k.

(yes I know £1000 is still a lot of money, but not in most peoples estimations for a kitchen).
Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Â