General Chat

Stevo985

Not nice I imagine, especially if you have kids. I think a law should be introduced where you can do whatever you like to defend your own house from burglar's. The only problem with that though is that you would be inviting people you can't stand round to your house for tea, then battering them with iron bars. Yes officer, they were trying to rob my house.

Do you remember the story of Tony Martin, the farmer who shot and killed a burglar and injured another when they broke into his place? It happened in 1999 and caused a big discussion in the press since he was then convicted of murder but then that was bumped down to manslaughter. I think it was as recent as last year that he was burgled again and confronted the burglar but only threatened this one.

Back in 2012 there was a whole thing about changing the laws on how much force you can use to defend yourself and your home, I believe. It's all about 'proportionate force', but I think the amendments to the law have been heavily criticised as there's loads of loopholes. It's definitely a moral grey area though.

oPQDBhy.jpg

Not my photo, but this was the Swan Island in Yardley this morning.  How does that even happen? 

edit:  another angle

caqGsvk.jpg

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 3

But you never really know their intentions. I suppose if you wake up after hearing them then you can assume they just want to steal your shit and mean no harm to you or your family, but then if you confront them their intentions may change but you won't know about it.

Either way, I'd want to hurt someone who had invaded my home even if they had no intention of hurting me or my family. I wouldn't want to kill them of course, but in the moment I'd probably fancy hitting them a few times. 

oPQDBhy.jpg

Not my photo, but this was the Swan Island in Yardley this morning.  How does that even happen? 

edit:  another angle

caqGsvk.jpg

I'm not surprised. They drive like total bellends around here.

like i said i was upstairs asleep, didnt even know he was there, by the sounds of him he was a chancer, did 3 houses in 1 night, walking down the street trying doors... the gf had friends round smoking who though they'd shut my back door properly but they hadnt

hard to know what id have done if i had heard him

the next day was surreal, the gf was at work, she'd left a bag of presents in the middle of the living room for me to take somewhere, they'd gone, the money was gone, so my instant reaction was that she'd moved everything, phoned her at work but she thinks she works for the gestapo so she wont txt, answer her phone or even email me, bout an hour of trying to get hold of her getting angrier and angrier, think i then went out did some shopping, come back still couldnt get hold of her, went to play on battlefield 4 which id bought the day before... wheres that gone, where's the other games gone? you **** what!

probably took me 2-3 hours to realise id been robbed

I've had five proper relationships, my first love I never cheated although I did try to get it on with her best mate when I was hammered. The rest I've cheated including the one I'm with now, must admit though I did not care about the previous three at all to the point where I was blatantly trying to pull infront of them. When I cheated on my current partner I'd never felt guilt or pain like it, I remember walking home to my mums from this girls house and I could not believe what I'd done. I felt that bad I wanted to throw up, I rang and told my mrs as soon as I knew she was awake. I never had any intention of cheating on her but it just happend for whatever reason. Won't happen again and I think my mrs knows it.

I've never had the urge to settle down with anyone. I love the company of women and if I can sleep with them, great, but a relationship with anyone is never on the agenda.

I'm informed its because I haven't met 'the one'. But even women I like, I have no interest in them after sex. 

On the burglary thing, I suspect I told this one before, but it was a while back, so... 

A former work colleague of mine, we'll call him Dave (because that's his name), came back from the pub one evening to find some scrote in his living room, attempting to leave with the television. This was not good news for the burglar, as Dave has a black belt in karate. He 'disabled' the guy - by breaking both his legs - and then called the police. 

A few days later he was informed that said burglar was going to take him to court for GBH, and he began to get really worried. 

However, after a few more days, a copper came round and told him not to worry, as they had 'persuaded' him to drop the charges. Nudge nudge, wink wink. 

Rough justice, I guess. 

• Like 3

On the burglary thing, I suspect I told this one before, but it was a while back, so... 

A former work colleague of mine, we'll call him Dave (because that's his name), came back from the pub one evening to find some scrote in his living room, attempting to leave with the television. This was not good news for the burglar, as Dave has a black belt in karate. He 'disabled' the guy - by breaking both his legs - and then called the police. 

A few days later he was informed that said burglar was going to take him to court for GBH, and he began to get really worried. 

However, after a few more days, a copper came round and told him not to worry, as they had 'persuaded' him to drop the charges. Nudge nudge, wink wink. 

Rough justice, I guess. 

That was probably 60 years ago, nowadays he'd probably be in jail for attempted murder.

• Like 1

Not nice I imagine, especially if you have kids. I think a law should be introduced where you can do whatever you like to defend your own house from burglar's. The only problem with that though is that you would be inviting people you can't stand round to your house for tea, then battering them with iron bars. Yes officer, they were trying to rob my house.

Do you remember the story of Tony Martin, the farmer who shot and killed a burglar and injured another when they broke into his place? It happened in 1999 and caused a big discussion in the press since he was then convicted of murder but then that was bumped down to manslaughter. I think it was as recent as last year that he was burgled again and confronted the burglar but only threatened this one.

Back in 2012 there was a whole thing about changing the laws on how much force you can use to defend yourself and your home, I believe. It's all about 'proportionate force', but I think the amendments to the law have been heavily criticised as there's loads of loopholes. It's definitely a moral grey area though.

It was a gypsy he shot, to be fair.

If any one breaks into your house or is a threat to you or your family ...any and all reasonable force should be used .....If that means killing a guy robbing your house at 2 in the morning armed with a knife ....then so be it (if he had a knife)

• Like 2

If someone broke into my house, I'd probably stay as quiet as I could and call the police, maybe take a few sneaky pictures of their vehicle outside. I don't want to get stabbed for trying to be a hero.

• Like 1

I had someone break into my house once but there was nothing of value downstairs as i like to keep valuables near me so worse case scenario i can defend them i also sleep with a bat next to my bed

I went downstairs and found the house ransacked i had left a side window open stupidly and he somehow managed to climb through must have been an anorexic druggy considering the window was so small

I tried to put together in my mind what they had taken but couldn't figure out what until i opened the fridge and found the bloke had stole some cottage cheese some beer and a chicken from my freezer

Some people are just screwed up

Edited by AshVilla

Â