General Chat

Stevo985

Actually thinking about it, I would like to rephrase my initial comment. The vast amount of people who watch football are probably lovely, respectable people.

It's the 5 or 10 in a hundred people who are actively vocal in their hatred of anything to do with the opposition, a person of their team is not playing very well, if the opposition scores, reacting to an oppositions chant or if the referee makes a call which doesn't go their teams way.

These people, can ****.OFF.

I don't mind chanting or singing or getting behind the team, it's the sarcastic people who sneer when people leave early to avoid traffic (i've done it myself, but not very often), shout stupid obscenities to anyone resembling a threat to a win (i.e. opposition, refs, linesmen/women), telling people around them to **** off etc.

Basically anoyone with a 'LAD' attitude, people who are young and call their friends 'son'. "you alright son?" - You're 16, **** you.

Didn't want to ruin the Olympics thread with football talk, so thought I'd hijack General Chat for a moment...

Having spent the last couple of weeks watching the Olympics, I found yesterday's community shield to be a bit of a cold shower in terms of sporting behaviour. There was no particular malice about this game, but compared to the Olympics, football really is a fairly disgusting sport.

I do not understand why the sport has to be so full of hatred. 90 minutes of players getting at each other and the referee infront of a backdrop of 35,000 fans who all seem to hate each other for no other reason other than the football team they decided to follow.

Contrast this to the Olympics, where a hugely partizan British crowd will clap and appreciate the efforts of all athletes, even those in direct competition with the British competitors. Not only this, but complete respect between athletes of all nations and disciplines.

I have gone right off football over the past year, and watching the Olympics has made me realise how pathetic elements of the game have become.

Excellent post mate, feel exactly the same way.

Didn't want to ruin the Olympics thread with football talk, so thought I'd hijack General Chat for a moment...

Having spent the last couple of weeks watching the Olympics, I found yesterday's community shield to be a bit of a cold shower in terms of sporting behaviour. There was no particular malice about this game, but compared to the Olympics, football really is a fairly disgusting sport.

I do not understand why the sport has to be so full of hatred. 90 minutes of players getting at each other and the referee infront of a backdrop of 35,000 fans who all seem to hate each other for no other reason other than the football team they decided to follow.

Contrast this to the Olympics, where a hugely partizan British crowd will clap and appreciate the efforts of all athletes, even those in direct competition with the British competitors. Not only this, but complete respect between athletes of all nations and disciplines.

I have gone right off football over the past year, and watching the Olympics has made me realise how pathetic elements of the game have become.

Excellent post mate, feel exactly the same way.

Zackly, and thats before you get to the likes of RVP who is currently pimping himself around Europe for who will pay him closest to quarter of a million pounds a week in wages... to play football :evil:

I feel slightly guilty that I don't want to watch the Paralympics.

I mean, credit to the athletes in transcending their disabilities to do hard competitive sport, I take my hat off to them.

But watching it, I just can't escape the feeling that it's a freakshow.

Na, it will be good

is quality

I went to an Olympic football match, Semi-Final at Wembley, Mexico v Japan. And no matter how nice and supportive and friendly the atmosphere of the Olympics has seemed on TV, it's absolutely rubbish when you're there. I love the tribal football atmosphere, providing it stays in the football ground and not after. The happy friendly family atmosphere is just so so so boring. Made the game seem less intense.

I can't wait to go to an Away game, and have opposition fans calling me a rocket polisher. It's great fun.

I went to an Olympic football match, Semi-Final at Wembley, Mexico v Japan. And no matter how nice and supportive and friendly the atmosphere of the Olympics has seemed on TV, it's absolutely rubbish when you're there. I love the tribal football atmosphere, providing it stays in the football ground and not after. The happy friendly family atmosphere is just so so so boring. Made the game seem less intense.

I can't wait to go to an Away game, and have opposition fans calling me a rocket polisher. It's great fun.

I was also at that game. I was very bored by everything, the atmosphere and the football on the pitch.

just watching some thing on channel 4 about people on the dole

never been on the dole before but it sounds pretty **** depressing, these two blokes are proving that they do absolutely **** all to help you out, mind you I have got a mate who told me the other day that his benefits have been stopped, the exact wording of the text he sent me said ''the bastards have stopped my money for no reason, they are saying I havent applied for any jobs when I did, in January''

Bit of a health related query this one, been getting a little bit of acne in the middle of my chest, like a cluster of spots in a localised area.

I shower everyday so its not a personal hygiene matter, im just wondering if something like this can be stress related as ive had a bit of a shit few months or so.

Cant think of any other reason for it, do I need to see my GP? Use an over the counter remedy? or is it a lifestyle/diet thing perhaps?

Anyone else had this?

just watching some thing on channel 4 about people on the dole

never been on the dole before but it sounds pretty **** depressing, these two blokes are proving that they do absolutely **** all to help you out, mind you I have got a mate who told me the other day that his benefits have been stopped, the exact wording of the text he sent me said ''the bastards have stopped my money for no reason, they are saying I havent applied for any jobs when I did, in January''

When I had to sign on they threatened to cut off my benefits for not applying for this part time job, 4 hours per week at minimum wage, I explained to them that I would actually have to spend more money on bus tickets than I'd be earning but that wasn't a good enough reason apparently. To be fair that was from the same woman who kept urging me to join the Navy, but in some kind of office / admin role :|

I am currently on my way to Heartlands hospital after a stupid tackle playing football has left my ankle the size of a golfball.. Hopefully it's just a bruise as I work as a postie and I depend on my feet!

I am furious with myself though, I kicked the ball as hard as I could with someone's standing leg guarding the ball, basically it was like kicking a lampost.

I am currently on my way to Heartlands hospital after a stupid tackle playing football has left my ankle the size of a golfball.. Hopefully it's just a bruise as I work as a postie and I depend on my feet!

I am furious with myself though, I kicked the ball as hard as I could with someone's standing leg guarding the ball, basically it was like kicking a lampost.

Think yourself lucky. I did that at 13 and never played again. Smashed my ischial tuberosity. Don't panic though. You haven't done that...

I know mate, I am lucky I have strong joints because it was a bone breaker.. I still don't know the extent of the injury but the fact I could walk afterwards and drive home just be a good sign. Fecking hurts though

Bit of a health related query this one, been getting a little bit of acne in the middle of my chest, like a cluster of spots in a localised area.

I shower everyday so its not a personal hygiene matter, im just wondering if something like this can be stress related as ive had a bit of a shit few months or so.

Cant think of any other reason for it, do I need to see my GP? Use an over the counter remedy? or is it a lifestyle/diet thing perhaps?

Anyone else had this?

Ewww

Â