General Chat

Stevo985

Found out today that my godsons dad died on saturday, he was only in his early thirties.

Feel absolutely gutted for my godson he's only 5 and had only got to know his dad over the last 2 years or so and absolutely idolised him, dont know how his mom is going to tell him.

Its knocked me about quite a bit man, not **** nice at all, when I was speaking to him on yesterday all he was going on about was his dad to me, I had no idea at the time but his mom text me today to say sorry if she was a bit off and told me then.

Shit news mate, thoughts are with you & his family pal.

What did he die of if you dont mind me asking?

Found out today that my godsons dad died on saturday, he was only in his early thirties.

Feel absolutely gutted for my godson he's only 5 and had only got to know his dad over the last 2 years or so and absolutely idolised him, dont know how his mom is going to tell him.

Its knocked me about quite a bit man, not **** nice at all, when I was speaking to him on yesterday all he was going on about was his dad to me, I had no idea at the time but his mom text me today to say sorry if she was a bit off and told me then.

As 'godfather' doesn't this mean you take over as the kids father figure?

I think it just means that one day (although that day may never come) he may come to him and ask for a favour.

(Sorry, too soon, I know).

My mate was flying BKK to New York with Aerosvit via Kiev last night

Plane was delayed by over 2 hours leaving Bangkok and they have told him he will miss his connection in Kiev.... but not to worry as there will be another plane from Kiev to NY on Thursday !!

Sorry to hear that Leemond. From personal experience, your friend's widow will need plenty of practical support.

Of course this all depends on how well you know her, how close you live to her and how much time you have on your hands. Make sure she has your mobile number and make it clear she can call at any time. Offer to take your godson out for a while so she can have some time to herself. Let her know that you will help out with some of the bloke's jobs if she needs it (getting car MOT, DIY, Gardening, fixing computer etc.).

When my wife died this year, loads of people said "call any time", but the ones that have helped the most are the ones that have phoned me up and said "let me help".

Sorry to hear that Leemond. From personal experience, your friend's widow will need plenty of practical support.

Of course this all depends on how well you know her, how close you live to her and how much time you have on your hands. Make sure she has your mobile number and make it clear she can call at any time. Offer to take your godson out for a while so she can have some time to herself. Let her know that you will help out with some of the bloke's jobs if she needs it (getting car MOT, DIY, Gardening, fixing computer etc.).

When my wife died this year, loads of people said "call any time", but the ones that have helped the most are the ones that have phoned me up and said "let me help".

Great advice buddy.

Also, sorry to hear about your loss this year mate.

Shootings and deaths at a Gurudwara (Sikh temple) in Wisconsin. As a Sikh myself, this hurts - whoever the perpetrator was/is.
This has got a bit buried in the Olympics and Syria, but it's a bit of a WTF?

My (perhaps unfair) assumption is that yer average American gun psycho doesn't know a Sikh from a Muslim. Or was it something more thought out than that?

Thanks for the condolences, just wanted to say that I lurk over here quite a bit, but post very seldom. Dropping by the gif and pics threads as well as the other random bits and pieces helped to give me and my wife a few laughs while she was I'll with cancer. I could do with a resurrection of the lovely ladies thread at the moment though!!

Shootings and deaths at a Gurudwara (Sikh temple) in Wisconsin. As a Sikh myself, this hurts - whoever the perpetrator was/is.

My (perhaps unfair) assumption is that yer average American gun psycho doesn't know a Sikh from a Muslim. Or was it something more thought out than that?

Yeah, apparently the guy had a 9/11 tattoo and was considered possibly a bit of a neo-nazi, from my understanding. Pisses me off though because it is pure ignorance, because I imagine he did it thinking he was targeting Muslims, and of course in his ignorance, thought Sikhs are exactly the same because they have dark skin, wear turbans, and have beards. Having said that, even if he did this at a mosque, it would be a shame, always amazes you how hateful people can be.

Yeah, apparently the guy had a 9/11 tattoo and was considered possibly a bit of a neo-nazi, from my understanding. Pisses me off though because it is pure ignorance, because I imagine he did it thinking he was targeting Muslims, and of course in his ignorance, thought Sikhs are exactly the same because they have dark skin, wear turbans, and have beards. Having said that, even if he did this at a mosque, it would be a shame, always amazes you how hateful people can be.

EVEN a mosque?

Its a **** disgrace whereever this arsehole elected to do it. End of.

EVEN a mosque?

Its a **** disgrace whereever this arsehole elected to do it. End of.

I knew my last line would be misinterpreted. What I was saying is even if his targeted hate of muslims was even aimed at the 'right target' it would be a shame nonetheless. Give me the benefit of a doubt, I like to think I am not that big of an idiot.

Â