Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

So, 5 wins on the bounce and level on points with Spuds. Can they make top 4?

Just goes to prove it's not all about the money...

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope they do as play some great football as well. Still have Chelsea and City to play but with Chelsea have a fixture pile up and Spurs struggling its very possible they get 4th

I hope they do it. I used to quite dislike Newcastle, but now I can't help but have complete admiration for what they have done. It's a breath of fresh air to have a club lose it's biggest asset (Carroll) and just invest that money well.

I hope they do it. I used to quite dislike Newcastle, but now I can't help but have complete admiration for what they have done. It's a breath of fresh air to have a club lose it's biggest asset (Carroll) and just invest that money well.

Yes, I think the relegation brought their fans back down to earth, no more "messiah" rubbish either.

I wan't them to get the 4th spot.

Same never like Carroll and Barton in the team.

They have invested very very wisely and have got quality replacements for cheap, I doubt they'll get top 4 as they still have to play the big teams I think but europe should be the target.

I wonder what Nolan is thinking..

By all accounts he is earning more at West Ham (£50k a week) than was at Newcastle (£40k), and he was given a five year contract by West Ham when he signed for them, Newcastle were only prepared to offer him an extra year on top of the two he still had left at The Sports Direct Arena. It's no secret he went to West Ham for financial reasons and as he is getting £13m for five years work he probably still thinks he made the right decision.

It was all the messiah rubbish, plus some unsavoury playing staff that started the hate in the first place (much like Liverpool at the moment).

I'm back to wishing them well, and enjoying watching them challenge for 4th. I think they'll get it as well, Spurs look out of sorts and Chelsea have other distractions and a fixture list pile up that may tire their squad.

how many days will there be between them getting 4th and some geordie on the tv/radio claiming they are a bigger club than liverpool/us/everton/spurs/chelsea etc

them doing well will only serve to bring the rocket polishers back out

Have to do a total hands up here - I thought Newcastle would have imploded by now, some of their newer players would have buckled under the pressure of the premier league, also that their hitherto mediocre manager would have been found out.

I couldn't have been more wrong. They are going from strength to strength and have really gelled as a unit.

Hatem Ben Arfa's goal reminded me of why I love football - not something Villa have been prone to do much this season!

Their league placing hasnt made me miraculously like them or admire them, was glad when they went down and it pisses me off they have done so well under Pardew. I suspect you will all feel the same again come some Villa baiting incident in the future.

Meh, I still don't like them. Sending them down was a brilliant day.

Doesn't mean I don't think what they've done this season is very impressive, it is. They've been excellent and I really didn't think they'd keep it up.

Reminds me of the first season we finished 6th under MON. All the pundits at the start of the season were predicting we'd be midtable at best and some even predicted relegation. And I remember the overriding attitude on here was: "Won't it be funny when they realise how good we are?"

And we were.

So yes, they've been excellent this season, and I'm jealous of their league position.

But I still don't like them

Yes, I think the relegation brought their fans back down to earth, no more "messiah" rubbish either.

I wan't them to get the 4th spot.

Same for me.

I laughed as much as anyone when we relegated them in May 2009 and I'd have laughed even harder if you'd said to me at that moment that in three years time that we'd be battling relegation and Newcastle would be on the verge of top 4.

Just shows what can happen when a previously poor owner starts making some good decisions and has a vision for the club (start scouting and buying cheaply from abroad as opposed to overpaid premier league players).

It can be done. Things can change quite quickly in Football so if Randy can actually start making some proper decisions we could be challenging the top 6 again in a couple of seasons.

Â