Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

But I still don't like them

Neither do I but I'm envious as hell and I have to admire how they have been run the last 12 months. As for whatever they are paying Carr their scout they really should double it and then double it again.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alreet, I've never understood the Newcastle hate. It's one of my favourite grounds to visit and is a great city to spend the weekend in for an away game, pet.

If the unthinkable was to happen then Newcastle are a good example of how it's not the end of the world. They'd be of a similar size to us so it's plausible that there would be parallels that could be drawn. Not that I think the unthinkable will happen; I think.

If the unthinkable was to happen then Newcastle are a good example of how it's not the end of the world. They'd be of a similar size to us so it's plausible that there would be parallels that could be drawn. Not that I think the unthinkable will happen; I think.

Exactly.

The fans hate Ashley, but he has single handedly saved that club, wiped its debts, took a step back and has now taken several steps forward.

They have got lucky on the way (conning £35m out of Liverpool for Carroll) but it goes to show how a season or two of pain can lead to a lot of gain.

• 3 weeks later...

What I loved about Cisses 2nd goal was the reaction from everyone. Pardew, Cech, Drogba, Cole on the Chelsea bench, players on the Newcastle bench. Everyone was just shocked by it. It was utter disbelief.

Newcastle have been incredible in the 2nd half of the season. When they lost 5-0 to Spurs, the gap was 15 points between the 2 clubs, now they are even.

Newcastle having a great season, praise must go to Pardew aswell for doing a good job.

I did think he would fail at first but it's good to see him doing well I guess after losing Barton and co some people immediately predicted relegation for them, instead it's Barton himself that is scrapping at the bottom end of the table.

Well first and foremost Joey Barton will always be a worser influence on any club compared to his overhyped talents. He is NOT that good, and has never been. Thus he is soon 30 years old, plays for QPR and has one game for England.

A piece of shit person and a mediocre footballer.

He had a good year at City, but otherwise he's very average.

Anyone fancy Newcastle to get anything today?

15/4 Newcastle win

15/8 Cisse to score

9/4 Newcastle draw-no-bet

11/4 draw

New statue unveiled outside the Sports Direct Arena today.

9AYLD.jpg

I'm quite surprised by this. I know Sir Bobby was a Geordie and a Newcastle fan, but his association with the club was quite short and ended badly. Like most people (I imagine) I associate Sir Bobby the manager with Ipswich Town and England. Arguably West Brom as a player, but that was way before my time.

Still, its a nice gesture. I'm just surprised he was so high on the list of people associated with Newcastle United for a statue to be built.

I agree with you there Rev it seems a little forced doesn't it, like they felt the need to have a statue because other clubs have one.

Out of interest, is there anyone else in football with a statue at two different clubs grounds? I very much doubt it.

I know Sir Bobby was loved in Newcastle and the North East but I can't help but be a little cynical about this and think its a bit of a PR stunt by Mike Ashley in an attempt to buy some popularity with the fans.

Brian Clough has three. Derby, Nottingham and Middlesbrough. 204 goals in 222 games for Middlesbrough if you were wondering.

As a resident of Nottingham (I presume?) I guess you know his one there is in the city centre rather than outside the City ground. His statue in Middlesbrough is in Albert Park, a short walk from the site of their old Ayresome Park stadium.

If outside of stadiums is a must (even though all of Clough's are for footballing reasons) then I can also offer Bobby Moore. He has one at Upton Park and one at Wembley.

I live within a stones throw of the Forest ground so know all about Mr Clough including his playing career at Boro although I didn't know they had a statue of him. You are right there is one at Derby.

As for Forest, incorrect there is no statue of him at the ground, there is one in the town centre but not at the ground.

Edited previous post. I hate it when I get the bottom post on a page though. To repeat the edit, if you are being picky about the exact location of statues then Bobby Moore. Outside Wembley Stadium and Upton Park.

Been watching Cisse and Ba, and they link up really badly. They are never on the same wavelength and seem to get frustrated with eachother. But they both have good goal returns this season. They do well in spite of eachother, rather then because. Since Cisse came, Ba now plays a deeper role and it does not suit him as well. But the two Senegalese boys are the best forwards they have got.

Â