Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

:?

Was it common knowledge that Ba and Cisse dont work well together? I didnt know. With them both being Senegalese and close friends you would think they would.

Oh and the Delap quip is almost as boring and old as the "In before da lock" :winkold:

Need to think of something new.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there is Moore but that doesn't really count, I was meaning club grounds as it just struck me as being a fairly unique thing but Clough probably is the closest.

am sure in 50 years their will be a Emile Heskey Statue outside VP, Anfield and Walkers Stadium and many other stadiums ;)

Edited previous post. I hate it when I get the bottom post on a page though. To repeat the edit, if you are being picky about the exact location of statues then Bobby Moore. Outside Wembley Stadium and Upton Park.

There are 15 posts per page on VT...Just count before you post .

Edited previous post. I hate it when I get the bottom post on a page though. To repeat the edit, if you are being picky about the exact location of statues then Bobby Moore. Outside Wembley Stadium and Upton Park.

There are 15 posts per page on VT...Just count before you post .

ಠ_ಠ

If they wanted a statue of someone outside the ground, they should of done one of Alan Shearer. There is no bigger geordie legend then Shearer.

It shouldnt matter if the person is dead or alive.

Talikng of Shearer anyone see MOTD. Yet another one who says we hate him because he came from Birmingham City. Makes me furious. :x

Remember Shearer had never heard of Hatem Ben Arfa. This is former Newcastle manger Alan Shearer and a full French international who has five title medals. Great player, but a **** idiot.

That's a nice statue

I like statues but my dog gets freaked out by them

Then careful which away games you take him to.

Ha ha yeah, hates snowmen too, gets freaked by them

It's bizarre

Fair play to Newcastle, they have some cracking players which didnt cost the earth. What a come back after being relegated.

Just shows how crucial a good scouting system and a manager who can spot a good player. Shame we are so shockingly poor at it. Unfortunately every manager weve had who has been blessed with money to spend has completely wasted it. Whether MON with his Heskey, Beye, Shorey, Collins, Delphs, Reo Coker, Zat Knight etc, Houllier with Makoun, Bent (yes I think we massively overpaid for a limited player, we could have signed Ba and Cisse and been left with tons to spend from the 23mill he cost), or Mcleish with Hutton and Nzogbia.

Cast your net wide enough and with abit of guile players like Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Santon etc are out there and can be prised away for sensible fee's. We just never seem to be able to do it.

If they wanted a statue of someone outside the ground, they should of done one of Alan Shearer. There is no bigger geordie legend then Shearer.

Maybe in recent time, but I am sure they said that about Wor’ Jackie at the time (believe his statue is in Ashington)...

Fair play to Newcastle, they have some cracking players which didnt cost the earth. What a come back after being relegated.

Just shows how crucial a good scouting system and a manager who can spot a good player. Shame we are so shockingly poor at it. Unfortunately every manager weve had who has been blessed with money to spend has completely wasted it. Whether MON with his Heskey, Beye, Shorey, Collins, Delphs, Reo Coker, Zat Knight etc, Houllier with Makoun, Bent (yes I think we massively overpaid for a limited player, we could have signed Ba and Cisse and been left with tons to spend from the 23mill he cost), or Mcleish with Hutton and Nzogbia.

Cast your net wide enough and with abit of guile players like Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Santon etc are out there and can be prised away for sensible fee's. We just never seem to be able to do it.

Just because in recent years Newcastle have spent wisely, should not cover up years and years of spending beyond their means on some frankly dreadful players, and players way past their best... Hugo Viana, Darren Peacock, Obefami Martins, Boumsong, Kluivert, Faye, etc, etc....

This talk about Newcastle being amazing at scouting is annoying me. It's not hard to scout a French international and Ligue Un winner (Cabaye), a Senegalese international who scored enough goals to become a Premier League teams top scorer in half a season (Ba), another Senegalese international who was top scorer in Bundesliga whilst playing for the bottom placed club (Cisse) and an Italian international who had played for one of the best teams in Europe (Santon).

Scouting is Dortmund finding Kagawa for 350,000€.

Â