The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Khruangbin, to spell it correctly for the first time on this illiterate hell hole of a thread, are great.

They played the 6 Music Festival recently and were just phenomenal.

I’ve seen Idles perform at an in store gig at Spillers Records. I thought they were fantastic, though interestingly not so fantastic that it persuaded me to buy the record I was supposed to have already have bought to get the ticket in the first place!

I couldn’t go to a festival gig and be a kilometre back from the stage, or even to be honest, 20 or 30 metres back from the stage. That just leaves me cold I’d rather sit on the sofa and watch it on YouTube. But up close, 50 people in a room. You just can’t beat it. 

yeah tbh I don’t think I’d ever buy and Idles record , couldn’t see myself playing it over the Alexa in the background as we sit down for dinner , but I’d happily get drunk and bounce about in a mosh pit at one of their gigs 

made a gif from the screen last night , not sure if it will work , but looked fun 

5B4E5A65-8671-4C4B-9C90-CAD005E14B22.gif

• Like 3

They have a music festival just close to  my house every year ('cept for pandemical rules) and this year it's twice the length - 2 weeks long! It's the biggest one in Lancashire and for once not all the acts are terrible, so I can leave the windows open this year (some of the time). Goldfrapp, Wet Leg, Elbow, Paul Weller, Richard Hawley and a few other decent acts, from memory.

Currently enjoying “Anderson Park” , before RHCP in a few hours … the leader singer / drummer is a character , like if  you merged Rick James   with Ruby  Rhod

Definitely an entertainer even if the music is not strictly my thing 

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Currently enjoying “Anderson Park” , before RHCP in a few hours … the leader singer / drummer is a character , like if  you merged Rick James   with Ruby  Rhod

Definitely an entertainer even if the music is not strictly my thing 

He's got a good album with Bruno Mars as well as a few decent solo albums, check out songs called heart don't stand a chance and am I wrong off his Malibu album

I found out about him via watching Glastonbury a few years back, like you say entertainer 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

McCartney is predictably awful. 

Not his biggest fan.Lennon for me was huge influence.

As I have got older I have become more receptive to his post Beatles stuff.It’s strange melodically he is brilliant,he seems like a reasonable bloke but there is something that grates .I am not sure what it is.

Maybe it’s his insecurities,why would he need to acccept the knighthood?

Just now, bickster said:

Great, you've brought Bruce Springsteen over to sing one of HiS songs, strange

Just now waiting for him to churn out "Born in the USA"  or "Born to Run".  If he does the latter, Paul can be forgiven. 

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

In the spirit of openness I have not hacked Mike or anyone else's accounts nor have I paid him anything

One or two tracks aside, I've never rated his post-Beatles output. And he hasn't been able to hold a tune for years. 

• Like 1

My WhatsApp group was pinging non stop with comments about how dreadful McCartney was … thankfully I was a a gig of my own so didn’t have to suffer it 

was a weird gig  for me tonight , the boy came with us and I don’t drink around the children ( even though he’s 17 now ) so i watched it sober and thus a different vibe than had I gone with mates and been down the front soaked in beer and sweat 

considering  the catalogue chilli peppers were a bit short changing , played for about an hour and 40 mins total , even the encore was 2 songs and then Thank You , we love you and bang they were gone 

musically and visually  they didn’t disappoint though

I can’t believe McCartney has a performing career. He was terrible in the late 70’s and yet my timeline is full of people saying how great he is 🤷‍♂️

do people just accept what they are spoon fed as “good” and don’t question it?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My WhatsApp group was pinging non stop with comments about how dreadful McCartney was … thankfully I was a a gig of my own so didn’t have to suffer it 

was a weird gig  for me tonight , the boy came with us and I don’t drink around the children ( even though he’s 17 now ) so i watched it sober and thus a different vibe than had I gone with mates and been down the front soaked in beer and sweat 

considering  the catalogue chilli peppers were a bit short changing , played for about an hour and 40 mins total , even the encore was 2 songs and then Thank You , we love you and bang they were gone 

musically and visually  they didn’t disappoint though

Was at this. Haven't really listened to any of their stuff since Stadium Arcadium but always enjoy them live because of their back catalogue and the energy they still bring.

IMG_20220625_214913(1).jpg

Â