The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Lindsey Buckingham European shows cancelled, including Liverpool where we have tickets for. 

Covid related this time, and allegedly will be rescheduled. That didn't happen last time he cancelled back in 2012.

I may have mentioned part of this before and really it should be in the piss you off thread. My wife about the time of their first album, through to their third album loved Billy Talent. I didn't. I disliked them. Still do. But a good husband I went to see them with her, a midweek gig in Cardiff was hilarious, but I went as I love my wife. I saw them lots and never enjoyed them. Times changed, my wife listened to different bands and that was it. We stopped going to see them. 

Fast forward to 2022 and my grandsons favourite band is Billy Talent. The **** is singing their tunes all the time, has them on in whatever car we are in. Has **** up both my Spotify and YouTube algorithm. That said, he does love them and I like to see him happy and so we are off to KKs Steel Mill in Wolves in June to see them. This will be his first gig, next week will be hist first festival. I expect him to be on my shoulders for the entirety and using my bald head as a drum. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I may have mentioned part of this before and really it should be in the piss you off thread. My wife about the time of their first album, through to their third album loved Billy Talent. I didn't. I disliked them. Still do. But a good husband I went to see them with her, a midweek gig in Cardiff was hilarious, but I went as I love my wife. I saw them lots and never enjoyed them. Times changed, my wife listened to different bands and that was it. We stopped going to see them. 

Fast forward to 2022 and my grandsons favourite band is Billy Talent. The **** is singing their tunes all the time, has them on in whatever car we are in. Has **** up both my Spotify and YouTube algorithm. That said, he does love them and I like to see him happy and so we are off to KKs Steel Mill in Wolves in June to see them. This will be his first gig, next week will be hist first festival. I expect him to be on my shoulders for the entirety and using my bald head as a drum. 

Haha, I’ve literally just bought tickets to that show as well! The missus quite likes them and I always thought they were fine but a mate mentioned them so thought f*** it; it’s been a long 2 years without gigs! 

16 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Haha, I’ve literally just bought tickets to that show as well! The missus quite likes them and I always thought they were fine but a mate mentioned them so thought f*** it; it’s been a long 2 years without gigs! 

Look for a man at the back grimacing and with a 5 year old on his shoulders. Feel free to say hello. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Should credit the originator: I think it was the twitter account @IamHappyToast that drew it up.

I posted this on Facebook and every person bar one thought it was real. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I posted this on Facebook and every person bar one thought it was real. 

Social media is just amazing isn’t it. 

The number of people I’ve seen on twitter querying the line up too and quite shocked a the inclusion of some acts they felt unsuitable.

But then, it could also be the old double bluff? I posted something the other day about Boris Johnson, basically saying he was great. The number of absolute random strangers that took it at face value and tried to have a go at me, it was fantastic.

• Like 1

I initially questioned it because I was certain that Pete Doherty was dead, but he isn't, and I looked no further before taking it at face value :D 

Enter Shikari tonight, bit gutted as I mostly bought the tickets to see the support, Dinosaur Pile-up but they've been replaced, Trash Boat instead, that'll do.

Tonight will be a rare gig in Plymouth!!!

Feet are coming to town - sadly, Opus Kink who are supporting most of their tour aren't making this one :( 

Getting the train with a mate in a bit for a few pre-gig beverages :D 

Got whitesnake again on Sunday, really looking forward to it. Taking my 17yr old boy to his first concert in the hope of turning him into a rocker 😅

A couple of days of discovering new bands, quite looking forward to this. 

I've only ever heard of Blood Youth, and I'm a pretty big fan, so was surprised they're on the second stage below a bunch of bands I've literally never heard of. Got a lot of listening to do!

k8n9w7cale191.jpg

• Like 2

Burning Spear playing two UK gigs 13th and 14th August, Birmingham and London. Might have to make a trip to see the family. Be good if the Villa are at home the same day. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Burning Spear playing two UK gigs 13th and 14th August, Birmingham and London. Might have to make a trip to see the family. Be good if the Villa are at home the same day. 

I am in Vegas in October, a block from my hotel is a reggae festival with them headlining. By the look of the lineup, they are almost the only black act on the bill. Obviously I won't be attending but if I was going to see one act, it would be them. 

Â