The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Anyone ever seen Rammstein live? They must be incredibly loud, as I'm sitting in my living room, 4 miles away from where they're playing, and I can hear the bass. ****. 

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

£285 a ticket 130.000 there, gives 2 million to charity if there's enough, 200k max for a artist. Some f******ers racking it in. I always thought it was not for profit??

All your years in the music business telling you this?

Thought not

You have no actual idea of what you're talking about do you?

Go on, admit it for once. You have not got a clue

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

There’s a certain consistency to the opinions that I find strangely comforting. 

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

All your years in the music business telling you this?

Thought not

You have no actual idea of what you're talking about do you?

Go on then, you got 37 mill+ to spend.

13 minutes ago, hogso said:

Anyone ever seen Rammstein live? They must be incredibly loud, as I'm sitting in my living room, 4 miles away from where they're playing, and I can hear the bass. ****. 

Yes, and yes they are 😁

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They literally build a city bigger than Oxford for the festival. Do you think that they can do this without paying people?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blandy said:

Thing is, both her and Olivia Rodriguez - I mean the likes of us are not their target audience. Both got some banging tunes, mind. Olivia Rodriguez "Brutal" would fit in any era since the 70s and Billie Eillish, you have to listen with a decent system/headphones - the bass is a massive part of it and it's almost inaudible on normal TV or radio or phone speakers. Put some good headies on and it's completely different and they both super-connected with the crowd, which is impressive for basically teenagers.

The Billie Eilish set was utterly fantastic (imo).  Yes as you said, need to listen to it through a good set of speakers though. 

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Kendrick is putting on a good show. I usually don't think hip-hop translates very well live but his set has been excellent so far.

Just switched it on … and now off again as he’s “rapping”

is he really wearing a crown of thorns like he supposed to be Jesus ?  Jarvis cocker has just finished his set , I’m hoping he’s up for another messiah stage invasion 

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Thus avoiding the admittance but admitting it all the same. Utterly clueless on a subject but still you think you know best

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

is he really wearing a crown of thorns like he supposed to be Jesus ?  Jarvis cocker has just finished his set , I’m hoping he’s up for another messiah stage invasion 

😂

A rapper rapping?! Whatever next! :D 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Watch Charli XCX on the other stage for some decent pop.Though she must have almost finished now.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

😂

A rapper rapping?! Whatever next! :D 

:)

tbf  I didn’t know he was a rapper , I thought he was that Lamar bloke from England , that’s how out of touch I am !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thus avoiding the admittance but admitting it all the same. Utterly clueless on a subject but still you think you know best

Why the attitude, is it bedtime??

I'm basically asking a question and have not said I know best at all. I asked you to justify it!! Someone already has been friendly though and done it, an now I think about it yes I bet the ticketing cost is justified. Still expensive though.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Still expensive though.

Three times the price of seeing the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park yesterday. Which is one day of administration and staffing costs (not five / six).

To see five / six acts over the course of an afternoon, not hundreds.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why the attitude, is it bedtime??

I'm basically asking a question and have not said I know best at all. I asked you to justify it!! Someone already has been friendly though and done it, an now I think about it yes I bet the ticketing cost is justified. Still expensive though.

The first post you made claimed that someone was making millions and suggested that not all the profits were going to the nominated charities. That in itself says that YOU think you know best.

There was nothing about the ticket cost being justified, that’s something you've just added.

Answering a question with a question is avoiding the answer

My years in the business were a long time ago but I still know the basics and your non-existent knowledge hasn't even added in the facility fees etc that the BBC will be paying nor the amount pulled in from the concessions but that’s bumping the income up to what you thought it was but the are huge costs that you can't even begin to imagine. That site was begun to be set up over 2 months ago by a huge gang of people. There are people employed all year round. They'll start planning it for next year in the next few weeks, each festival is a year long process. There’s also much much more than you ever see on the TV

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

The first post you made claimed that someone was making millions and suggested that not all the profits were going to the nominated charities. That in itself says that YOU think you know best.

There was nothing about the ticket cost being justified, that’s something you've just added.

Answering a question with a question is avoiding the answer

My years in the business were a long time ago but I still know the basics and your non-existent knowledge hasn't even added in the facility fees etc that the BBC will be paying nor the amount pulled in from the concessions but that’s bumping the income up to what you thought it was but the are huge costs that you can't even begin to imagine. That site was begun to be set up over 2 months ago by a huge gang of people. There are people employed all year round. They'll start planning it for next year in the next few weeks, each festival is a year long process. There’s also much much more than you ever see on the TV

I bow to your superior knowledge, my apologies!!!

Â