The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched a few this bank holiday weekend.

X-Men - 9/10 - Beltin'!  Great fight scenes and a great plot.

Captain America - 10/10 - Fantastiche!  The elevator fight scene was excellent and Jackson's car chase scene was brill too.

The Other Woman - 6/10 - Was OK I guess, Kate Upton makes it more watchable than it might have been. Def a girl power movie.

Out of the Furnace - 6/10 - Took ageeeees to kick off and then went a little predictable.  Bale and Harrelson both good performances though.

• Like 1

Midnight Express  (1978)   I remember watching this film all those years back when it was released .At the time i thought it was pretty good and have always remembered the ending.   After watching it again i still think its a good film 7/10 

I think Lost world was kind of cool once the T Rex gets to the city.

Not really the point of Jurassic Park though I suppose.

But both sequels were disappointing. Don't hold out much hope for Jurassic World

JP1 > TLW > JP3

The Lost World gets too much flack. The production and the sets were great, and the characters were decent (Roland Tembo in particular. Goldblum's daughter, not so much). Though I agree that the gymnastics scene with the Raptor was one of the worst I've ever seen.

JP3 was poor, but at least it was short and didn't take itself too seriously. The Spinosaurus was without doubt the most bad-ass dinosaur in the movies so far.

They've created a new species in Jurassic World apparently. A DNA splice of a T-Rex, a Raptor, a Snake and a Cuttlefish. Should be interesting...

Edited by adz.villa

I didn't mind JP3, Lost World is really forgettable though. That gymnastics v Raptors scene is one of my least favourite in any movie ever.

I would go with the Lost World > 3 but you're right that scene is sickening.

Spinosaurus killing T-Rex in 3 is also unacceptable though.

I didn't mind JP3, Lost World is really forgettable though. That gymnastics v Raptors scene is one of my least favourite in any movie ever.

Worst scene in any movie ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

Â