The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Herzog's Even Dwarves Started Small  (1970) Initially:

WELL+I+did+NOT+see+that+coming+_e901d765

but on reflection, and after reading other reviews, bleak existentialist critique of human madness and destruction, as seen through a microcosm cast of little people in an asylum. Not sure which part was most bizarre, the cannibal chickens, the crucifixation parade of the monkey or the assault on the blind midgets. Some memorable and disturbing scenes, and I think it's a great film. Not one to watch on a first date, I will say that. 

The Thomas Crown Affair  (1968)  I never tire of watching this really good film. Steve McQueen as usual was brilliant in the role he played, i can not recall ever watching a film in which he was in that i did not enjoy 8/10

• Like 1

just watched Blitz again. an underrated film and definitely one of Jason Statham best films since Snatch. Probably helped with a good cast around him

That's not really saying much to be honest.

With Crank being the absolute worst.

Well, I never did see Crank 2: High Voltage. That might be worse than the first film in the franchise, but it would have to do some work to be as bad as that garbage.

I actually quite like Jason Statham. I thought he was great in Snatch and I liked The Transporter and even Revolver.

He's done some shite though, but he's not exactly alone in that respect.

Just crossed another one off of the 'films I probably ought to have watched by now' list; Dirty Harry.  Awesome, though I had an unfortunate moment of breaking my own immersion when, during Scorpio's first lines of dialogue, I remarked loudly that "holy shit, that's Garak the Cardassian barber from Deep Space Nine".  Then I had one of those sobering, float-above-your-own-head-and-watch moments where I realised that I'd just said the words "Garak the Cardassian barber from Deep Space Nine" out loud to myself in an empty room and part of me died inside forever.

True story.

tumblr_map9fsRQfi1qd98st.gif

• Like 2

What Garak did another role other than the one in DS9?

Don't think i'd recognise him without the makeup i have seen Dirty Harry a few times i did not know it was Garak 

He was a tailor btw not a barber :D

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Herzog's Even Dwarves Started Small  (1970) Initially:

WELL+I+did+NOT+see+that+coming+_e901d765

but on reflection, and after reading other reviews, bleak existentialist critique of human madness and destruction, as seen through a microcosm cast of little people in an asylum. Not sure which part was most bizarre, the cannibal chickens, the crucifixation parade of the monkey or the assault on the blind midgets. Some memorable and disturbing scenes, and I think it's a great film. Not one to watch on a first date, I will say that. 

The whole thing is on youtube and off the back of this review - I think I'll be taking a gander.

• Like 1

Â