The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Gravity - not a bad watch, certainly not the masterpiece it has been out to be, but still very enjoyable. 8/10

I think it's the technology in the way he filmed as to why it was so lauded, I watched it in IMAX thinking it wouldn't be anywhere near the same watching it at home, I dont think I'll ever watch it again

• Like 1

Gravity - not a bad watch, certainly not the masterpiece it has been out to be, but still very enjoyable. 8/10

I think it's the technology in the way he filmed as to why it was so lauded, I watched it in IMAX thinking it wouldn't be anywhere near the same watching it at home, I dont think I'll ever watch it again

Yeah I imagine it would have been stunning visuals at the IMAX. 

I'm disappointed this thread isn't still only talking about GOTG. It's the best film I've ever seen. And I've been listening non stop to the soundtrack since I watched it. 'Please.... Go all the wayyy'

Best film you have ever seen??? WOW!

I'm disappointed this thread isn't still only talking about GOTG. It's the best film I've ever seen. And I've been listening non stop to the soundtrack since I watched it. 'Please.... Go all the wayyy'

Best film you have ever seen??? WOW!

I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me.

• Like 1

Saw guardians of the Galaxy today, not sure about some of the complaints about the last 40 minutes I read in this thread, I enjoyed the whole thing. Soundtrack was way, way too in your face (ears) though, really dislike soundtracks used in that fashion, much prefer a subtle soundtrack.

Although 10cc are fanfuckingtastic.

It reminded me of all the best 'space cowboy' flicks/shows, star wars, firefly/serenity, farscape, and although it wasn't completely void of a few annoying tropes found in other marvel movies, it didn't really feel like those other superhero movies, at least the ones I've seen.

8/10, and I will give it the HSoA (Hogso Seal of Approval™)

• Like 3

I thought that the soundtrack was absolutely perfectly used, myself. Even listening to the music now I can see the spaceship in a cut scene with a heavy bass track that fits the retro theme perfectly. It all works together to become more than the sum of its parts.

My friend told me about that film while we were in school and said it was the scariest film he'd ever seen. I could never remember the name of it, so thanks for that!

Â