The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw some over the weekend:

American Interior Gruff Rhys goes to America, tracing the footsteps of an 18th century welsh chap, John Evans who himself had gone there in search of a 'lost' welsh speaking native american tribe - from an old myth that a Prince Madoc settled there in the 11th century. It's bloody funny and really interesting at the same time, done in a documentary style, some of those he talked to have their own quirky personalities - i.e. the female historian at the end, just mad ) . Well worth it, even made me think about learning some Welsh. For about 20 minutes.

My Neighbour Totorro - Studio Ghibli film, one of Hayao Miyazaki's first one I think. Lovely magical tale, very kid friendly as per usual and a gem to watch

The Wind Rises - going to say this is the worst film of Miyazaki's that I've seen. It had it's charms as his films normally do, but lacked something about it. Not sure what, possibly. Still decent enough and better than plenty of other films out there, but was a bit disappointed nonetheless.

Taffyn - :lol: erm. Cheesey 80's male macho film with a pre-Bond Pierce Brosnan. It was daft, but made me laugh a lot if only for the ridiculousness of some of the dialogue and poses pulled by PB in this film. 

American Interior Gruff Rhys goes to America, tracing the footsteps of an 18th century welsh chap, John Evans who himself had gone there in search of a 'lost' welsh speaking native american tribe - from an old myth that a Prince Madoc settled there in the 11th century. It's bloody funny and really interesting at the same time, done in a documentary style, some of those he talked to have their own quirky personalities - i.e. the female historian at the end, just mad ) . Well worth it, even made me think about learning some Welsh. For about 20 minutes.

Out of Super Furry Animals?! I'd like to see that. Will keep an eye out for it.

Out of Super Furry Animals?! I'd like to see that. Will keep an eye out for it.

Griff_Rhys_Jones-1.jpg

• Like 1

Saw the new inbetweeners film along with what seemed like 8 other people in the screen on Sunday evening.

Thought it was ok, nothing that made me laugh out loud, but enough chuckles to make it worth the visit - didn't think it was as good as the first, but then I think the show hit its peak in the first series anyway.

Looking forward to Sin City 2, though might need to find someone else to go with to that as the gf isn't likely to be too interested.

Back from inbetweeners

Far far far funnier than the first film , my mate and I were laughing to the point it almost hurt

I should also point out that we seemed to be laughing at a lot of things others in the cinema didn't laugh at so maybe a lot of it is my mate and I where we've traveled a lot together over the years and experienced people like Ben and also the fact that we are like a couple of 12 year old kids when we get together

Film of the year so far for me , sorry Rocket , even though you've been to my house and I've fed you grubs , that doesn't mean you get top spot in my list

Edited by tonyh29

Â