The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I think it's one of the scariest films going, the way it builds up tension is superb, better than your modern day shite horror films which set out to make you jump, watch alien (or even jaws) like you say music is a huge part of it

The Dallas in the vents scenes take some beating

Aliens is even better IMO

I disagree.

But they're totally different films.

Its like saying terminator 2 is better than Let the Right one In. It might be but it depends what you're looking for I'm a film.

If you want a scary, psychological film then Alien is way better.

If you want an action thriller with loads of shooting and aliens, then Aliens is what you want.

• Like 1

Aliens is even better IMO

I disagree.

But they're totally different films.

Its like saying terminator 2 is better than Let the Right one In. It might be but it depends what you're looking for I'm a film.

If you want a scary, psychological film then Alien is way better.

If you want an action thriller with loads of shooting and aliens, then Aliens is what you want.

That's why IMO I prefer aliens, agree that it's a different genre, and I prefer the action of aliens to the tension of alien

I love em both, but they are different. I only saw Alien for the first time ( properly ) last year and I loved it. I'd vague memories of the chest-bursting scene from when I was about 8 - which provided only a few nights of traumatic nightmares - but had never seen it fully. Terrific  - I don't normally watch or enjoy the horror genre much, but Alien was about as a good a film to fit that that I've seen.  

Watched Inside Llewlyn Davis  last night, really enjoyed it. Absorbing throughout although I was eager for at least some of the potential threads of his life to be unravelling further, tantalising interest cut short. I know it was only a few days in the life of, but still a bit frustrating. 

Â