The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

This is on my list but couldn't find it streaming. If it's on Netflix I'll check it out tonight :) 

I think you'll enjoy it. A genuine feel good film for me (even with the murders!!😆)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I'm looking forward to this one after I missed its one off showing at my cinema.

Boiling point ....It's fairly accurate 

Its like when I reread kitchen confidential 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Meath_Villan

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Also watched Werewolves Within (on Netflix) over the weekend thought it was great fun.

Horror comedy is a bloody difficult genre to nail (only a handful get it spot on) but I think this was a really good attempt.

Great story and characters and a film that just has its heart in the right place - I think I spent 90% of it grinning like a daft sod 😀

spacer.png

watched this based on your recommendation. Enjoyed it - real Hot Fuzz vibes. Good cast and characters and pretty funny in parts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

watched this based on your recommendation. Enjoyed it - real Hot Fuzz vibes. Good cast and characters and pretty funny in parts

Yeah I said when we were watching it there was a bit of Edgar Wright to some scenes.

Glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

Haven't been to the cinema for a while (apart from one trip with my Mom to see Belfast)

The ex is away with the new babby this weekend so I have a free Saturday so will go and see a film.

Gutted to see there's very little on at the cinema though :( 

Will probably end up seeing the re release of The Godfather

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Haven't been to the cinema for a while (apart from one trip with my Mom to see Belfast)

The ex is away with the new babby this weekend so I have a free Saturday so will go and see a film.

£3 all day if you have a Cineworld.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Uncharted is out, not expecting good things but as a fan of the games I'll watch it

And jackass

day off tomorrow and monday, looking forward to a rare chance to enjoy some midday midweek films, away from the scum of the earth audience members. ( saw Death on the Nile most recently, good fun, but ruined by extreme latecomers who ate with their mouths open and literally mouth-breathed loudly thereafter ) 

Not too much on at the moment annoyingly though - seems like options are Cyrano, Jackass, Uncharted or Spiderman, Will probably be Spiderman as I'm pleasantly surprised it's still out at the cinema. I used to hate jackass when I was younger, largely as I loathe pranks. Half tempted by it now though as I read an interview with Johnny Knoxville that made me smile the other day.  The Duke does look good, but saving that to go with my partner. 

On 21/02/2022 at 11:33, rjw63 said:

Power of the Dog - turned it off after 29 minutes, I was falling asleep.

House Of Gucci - couldn't get interested, ended up playing Word With Friends. Wife liked it though.

Power of the Dog was god awful, I think we lasted about as long as you.

House of Gucci was OK and nothing more.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Uncharted is out, not expecting good things but as a fan of the games I'll watch it

And jackass

As above, watched unchartered this morning with my lad and found it more entertaining than expected.

some good nods to the games (including a nice cameo appearance!) and overall nicely light in tone and humour. 

It’s not groundbreaking in any way but it worked for me as family action film and it breaks the rule of video game crossover movies having to be crap! 

had trailers for The Batman (looked ok), Operation Fortune (also looked ok), Sonic 2 (avoid!) and Morbius (will probably check out) 

• Like 1

Only the Animals (Seules les bêtes) 2019

A woman disappeared. After a snowstorm, her car is discovered on a road to a small remote village. While the police don't know where to start, five people are linked to the disappearance. Each one with his or her own secret.

Interesting French mystery thriller, knowing no more than the above is advised, the less you know the better.

Well worth a look. 7.5/10

For those that have seen it....

Spoiler

It was decent, if a little coincidental in places, apart from the ridiculous last 10 seconds which is ridiculously coincidental or just plain wtf has it got to do with anything here..

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

£3 all day if you have a Cineworld.

Cheers. I've got Unlimited already though

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And jackass

Jackass would be fine but not sure it's the kind of film to watch on my own :) 

Spiderman was excellent. Loved it and all the call back elements. Surprised how moving I found it for a marvel fairness. 

Somewhat belatedly, saw Lock Stock.. for the first time last night too. One of those films that I always missed. So good.

Â