The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The best part was googling to find out who that giant was after 

The world's tallest bodybuilder is a man named Olivier Richters. He is 22  cm (almost 9") taller than the Rock. - 9GAG

Makes the Mountain look more like a hill. You'd never think the little one on the left was 6'8" and 25 odd stone. 

x3N1DU4FrzvlvSD_9Juxcwrv6Ze0oMLJuFLhwZ-FFdM.jpg

Edited by Rds1983
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Makes the Mountain look more like a hill. You'd never think the little one on the left was 6'8" and 25 odd stone. 

x3N1DU4FrzvlvSD_9Juxcwrv6Ze0oMLJuFLhwZ-FFdM.jpg

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Scary 😦 

Thor and Eddie Hall are getting in the ring apparently, boxing! Would be more fun if it was mma.

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thor and Eddie Hall are getting in the ring apparently, boxing! Would be more fun if it was mma.

Yeah, they've both lost a lot of weight for it (especially Thor) and look a lot healthier. Still both massive though. I do suspect a lot of their trash talk the last few years is marketing fluff and not genuine. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah, they've both lost a lot of weight for it (especially Thor) and look a lot healthier. Still both massive though. I do suspect a lot of their trash talk the last few years is marketing fluff and not genuine. 

I really do not like these celebrity fights but I really do like these two chaps so I'm interested. I agree about the trash talk, they're just selling tickets. I feared for Thor whilst he was still competing in strength competitions, I always though one side of his face had dropped, a stroke maybe, I'll have to read up on his health/injury past, it felt like he was pushing his body too far to me.

omg, look at this....

See the source image

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I really do not like these celebrity fights but I really do like these two chaps so I'm interested. I agree about the trash talk, they're just selling tickets. I feared for Thor whilst he was still competing in strength competitions, I always though one side of his face had dropped, a stroke maybe, I'll have to read up on his health/injury past, it felt like he was pushing his body too far to me.

omg, look at this....

See the source image

Bells Palsy. My wife had it as a kid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

omg, look at this....

See the source image

As @Seat68 said he's got palsy but he's coping amazingly with it all.

I was quite worried about Eddie as well before he quit strongman and lost weight. He was far too big as he weighed 430lbs (roughly 31stone) and was putting a lot of strain on his body (the 500kg deadlift etc). 

Always wondered why massive guys like that always end up with tiny women. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

As @Seat68 said he's got palsy but he's coping amazingly with it all.

I was quite worried about Eddie as well before he quit strongman and lost weight. He was far too big as he weighed 430lbs (roughly 31stone) and was putting a lot of strain on his body (the 500kg deadlift etc). 

Always wondered why massive guys like that always end up with tiny women. 

Yes massive. Nose bleeds when he's beyond the limit etc insane. Have you ever seen his gym routine death by deadlift, builds up to 420kg and back down again, mental strength. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes massive. Nose bleeds when he's beyond the limit etc insane. Have you ever seen his gym routine death by deadlift, builds up to 420kg and back down again, mental strength. 

He was close to going to A&E after the 500kg and he says he nearly died (probably an exaggeration but still crazy). 

Seen that one before and very impressive as dropsets are evil. I love the reactions he gets whilst doing it (the lad on the left on the machine just stares). Just wished someone walked past just as he collapsed after doing 60kg without seeing him doing the rest. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Texas chainsaw massacre 2022 out of the open seas, not expecting too much but some half decent review and quite a few saying leatherface is on top form. 

It's poor.

Decent first 30 minutes and then it descends into a bunch of OTT gore sequences, and bland storytelling which completely miss the grubby and intense vibe of the iconic original. 

I knew it wouldn't live up to the first movie (few horror films do) - but it's just bad.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's poor.

Decent first 30 minutes and then it descends into a bunch of OTT gore sequences, and bland storytelling which completely miss the grubby and intense vibe of the iconic original. 

I knew it wouldn't live up to the first movie (few horror films do) - but it's just bad.

Thanks pal, with swerve that one.

Have you seen The Babysitter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks pal, with swerve that one.

Have you seen The Babysitter?

Yep, both of them. Good fun.

Plus of course...Samara Weaving 😍

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yep, both of them. Good fun.

Plus of course...Samara Weaving 😍

They were both surprisingly enjoyable. Samara Weaving is fantastic. 

I thought Robbie Amell was really good in them. Very good character. 

• Like 2

Â