The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 19/02/2022 at 09:54, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks pal, with swerve that one.

Have you seen The Babysitter?

For what it’s worth TCSM 22 was better than I expected, did not expect a lot but killed a 1 hour 23 minute gap well enough 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Power of the Dog - turned it off after 29 minutes, I was falling asleep.

House Of Gucci - couldn't get interested, ended up playing Word With Friends. Wife liked it though.

• Like 2

Watched this yet again the other night as one of my kids hadn't seen it.

It's easily one of my favourite movies ever and pretty much impossible to talk about / explain to anyone who hasn't seen it without giving away why its so good (if you ever do feel like watching it don't read anything about it).

I really wish there was more original and innovative movies out there like this - it's a very special film imo, and one that's pretty much universally loved (100% on RT).

Cannot recommend it highly enough.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Watched this last night for about the 10th time

O-Brother-Where-Art-Thou-4.jpg

One of my all time favourites. I think it's a masterpiece.

I've only watched 3 movies in the last 18 months that I've rated as 5 stars on my Letterboxd account. This is one of them

Gem of a film. Never get tired of it. More quotable than Anchorman between my friends. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Watched this yet again the other night as one of my kids hadn't seen it.

It's easily one of my favourite movies ever and pretty much impossible to talk about / explain to anyone who hasn't seen it without giving away why its so good (if you ever do feel like watching it don't read anything about it).

I really wish there was more original and innovative movies out there like this - it's a very special film imo, and one that's pretty much universally loved (100% on RT).

Cannot recommend it highly enough.

spacer.png

Is this on any streaming platforms?

PS I can't read the title of this movie without singing it to "One Foot in the Grave"

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Gem of a film. Never get tired of it. More quotable than Anchorman between my friends. 

Yeah agreed. Only most of my friends haven't seen it so they just look at me weird.

One of those films where you can genuinely watch it 3 or 4 times and spot things you didn't notice before. The Coens unashamedly throw tiny little things in there that are referenced later. Blink and you miss them 

eg

Spoiler

the Blind man at the start predicting they'd see a cow on the roof of a cotton mill. First time around I never realised that cow turns up at the end

Superb movie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Is this on any streaming platforms?

PS I can't read the title of this movie without singing it to "One Foot in the Grave"

Think it might be on Shudder or rental from Amazon Prime.

I've got it a couple of times on Blu ray (different versions).

• Like 1

I also watched this on Friday

MV5BNzRkOTQ1NWYtY2QxMi00MWQ2LTg5Y2ItNzk5

Graham is predictably brilliant. The film itself is very good, but falls slightly short of being great.

The way it's shot however is absolutely extraordinary. God knows how long it took for them to get that right. Superb

The biggest gun Chekhov has ever owned spoils the plot slightly.

But overall very very good

• Like 2

Also watched Werewolves Within (on Netflix) over the weekend thought it was great fun.

Horror comedy is a bloody difficult genre to nail (only a handful get it spot on) but I think this was a really good attempt.

Great story and characters and a film that just has its heart in the right place - I think I spent 90% of it grinning like a daft sod 😀

spacer.png

• Like 3

Just now, Designer1 said:

Also watched Werewolves Within (on Netflix) over the weekend thought it was great fun.

Horror comedy is a bloody difficult genre to nail (only a handful get it spot on) but I think this was a really good attempt.

Great story and characters and a film that just has its heart in the right place - I think I spent 90% of it grinning like a daft sod 😀

spacer.png

This is on my list but couldn't find it streaming. If it's on Netflix I'll check it out tonight :) 

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I also watched this on Friday

MV5BNzRkOTQ1NWYtY2QxMi00MWQ2LTg5Y2ItNzk5

Graham is predictably brilliant. The film itself is very good, but falls slightly short of being great.

The way it's shot however is absolutely extraordinary. God knows how long it took for them to get that right. Superb

The biggest gun Chekhov has ever owned spoils the plot slightly.

But overall very very good

I'm looking forward to this one after I missed its one off showing at my cinema.

• Like 1

Â