The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

@Follyfoot thank you for watching these films so the rest of us don't have to 💪👍

Ahem! 

I've long championed this crime sub genre that contains luminaries such as Dyer and Fairbrass! 

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

Watched Army of Thieves on Netflix last night - assumed it would be bang average but was pleasantly surprised with it.  Obviously Nathalie Emmanuel is worth the entrance fee alone.

Interesting fact - I was on a stag do about 4/5 years ago organised by Stuart Martin (the guy who plays Brad Cage) as he was my mates best man.  Pretty cool guy and very handsome in real life!

Yep, enjoyed it too, something very endearing about Dieter, great character.

Ms Emmanuel is beautiful, very.

Great fun flick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

Watched Army of Thieves on Netflix last night - assumed it would be bang average but was pleasantly surprised with it.  Obviously Nathalie Emmanuel is worth the entrance fee alone.

Interesting fact - I was on a stag do about 4/5 years ago organised by Stuart Martin (the guy who plays Brad Cage) as he was my mates best man.  Pretty cool guy and very handsome in real life!

DBL post.

Edited by Phil Silvers

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Another selfless martyr, and they say courage is dead . . .

I watched this the other day. 

If i'm being critical i'd say it lacked character development...

GXDzIlt.jpeg

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Over four years on, you bringing this to our attention is still a highlight, Alex. 

I still wonder who had the bigger trailer out of 50 Cent and Brenda Blethyn.

Like a 21st century Citizen Kane. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Wife wants to see the Harry Potty movies, so we are.

Done the first four in the last two nights.

what do you make of them?

i've seen 2 of them in full and then various 10 minutes of all of them i think, i keep meaning to sit down and do it, maybe read the books too which i never hear anything bad about

cant shake the idea of it simply not being my thing

I watch the HP films regularly. I enjoy them a lot. Philosopher's stone was on again yesterday so have it another rewatch. As for the books, read them multiple times and when I got rid of all my books, aside from 2 others, the HP series were the only ones I kept, as you know, they might be tricky to get hold of. All of this forms part of the reason my wife despairs at me. 

• Like 1

I also enjoy the Harry Potter films and probably more so than the kids. The sheer detail that went into making the films is extraordinary.

For anyone that’s never done the HP studio tour it’s well worth it in my opinion. A great day out. 

• Like 2

I'm working through the Potter films properly now as had only seen the later ones in full (wife is a fan so went to watch with her) and bits of the earlier ones.

Saw the Cursed Child in the West End which was very good last week, so thought I should give all the films a proper crack.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

what do you make of them?

They're OK for a light watch. I've seen some (probably the first 5). Shame there's no decent clunge in it ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

They're OK for a light watch. I've seen some (probably the first 5). Shame there's no decent clunge in it ;)

Shame as it would be the perfect vehicle for a 'wizards sleeve' comment! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The wife's gone to a friend's so I'm preparing for the home IMAX experience, which is what I call moving the armchair really close to the TV.

I've got Dune on DVD, Bakewell slices, gin, and Sara Lee.

😭😭😭

You need to see that close to press play?

Enjoy pal.

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The wife's gone to a friend's so I'm preparing for the home IMAX experience, which is what I call moving the armchair really close to the TV.

I've got Dune on DVD, Bakewell slices, gin, and Sara Lee.

The chicken tikka will be ready soon. We can eat it in front of “Hitler’s Henchmen”.

• Haha 2

On 02/11/2021 at 15:08, tinker said:

Watched Dune 2021 yesterday, I like it , I like it alot . 9 out of 10 for me. 

Watched it over the weekend, wouldn't rush to watch it again. Visually very nice but that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â