The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Got jungle cruise lined up for this weekend and wasn't sure on red notice but it's the rock so it's almost inevitable 

Anyone watched harder they fall? Idris Elba cowboy film, that's getting good write ups 

Loved Jungle Cruise! Good easy going fun!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Loved Jungle Cruise! Good easy going fun!

Is it suitable for a 10 year old? Want to watch it with my wee girl. She thinks the rock is great since we watched Jumanji . But Jumanji had some dodgy knob jokes. Is jungle cruise safe enough to watch?

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Got jungle cruise lined up for this weekend and wasn't sure on red notice but it's the rock so it's almost inevitable 

Anyone watched harder they fall? Idris Elba cowboy film, that's getting good write ups 

JC is great fun, a film for all the family that really was better then I thought it would be considering what it was derived from.

RN is great.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Is it suitable for a 10 year old? Want to watch it with my wee girl. She thinks the rock is great since we watched Jumanji . But Jumanji had some dodgy knob jokes. Is jungle cruise safe enough to watch?

Definitely- perfect family film

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 09:43, maqroll said:

The villain was probably the least interesting or scary of any Bond villain ever.

Remi Malek has to be the luckiest actor ever. Landed a gem of a role in Mr. Robot, got cast as Freddie Mercury which was always going to be succesful now a Bond Villain!

He's a pretty hopeless actor for the most part.

• Like 2

Agree with @Stevo985 about the villains motivation. WTF? I'm going to kill the world because I like plants (or were they nano-bots - never quiet worked that out.)

I thought the first half of the film was really enjoyable. A bit of camp comedy from a Daniel Craig Bond worked and the Cuban fight was choreographed brilliantly. The music and the movement was almost artistic! - Arturo Sandoval playing trumpet was a nice touch.

Then alas the plot just fell apart which is fairly typical I guess for a Bond. 

I definitely got a pang of nostalgia at the end. I think maybe it's because we just associate Bond's with different parts of our life. Roger Moore as a kid, I remember going to see Brosnan in Goldeneye as a student in London. Oh well, weird that they actually killed him. They've never done that before.

Tin hat on but I really hope they don't reboot Bond as a non-binary mixed race politically correct alien. I think theres much more room in the franchise to explore other double 0's rather than reinvent James Bond. Just my old man thought though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Agree with @Stevo985 about the villains motivation. WTF? I'm going to kill the world because I like plants (or were they nano-bots - never quiet worked that out.)

I thought the first half of the film was really enjoyable. A bit of camp comedy from a Daniel Craig Bond worked and the Cuban fight was choreographed brilliantly. The music and the movement was almost artistic! - Arturo Sandoval playing trumpet was a nice touch.

Then alas the plot just fell apart which is fairly typical I guess for a Bond. 

I definitely got a pang of nostalgia at the end. I think maybe it's because we just associate Bond's with different parts of our life. Roger Moore as a kid, I remember going to see Brosnan in Goldeneye as a student in London. Oh well, weird that they actually killed him. They've never done that before.

Tin hat on but I really hope they don't reboot Bond as a non-binary mixed race politically correct alien. I think theres much more room in the franchise to explore other double 0's rather than reinvent James Bond. Just my old man thought though.

But the character is James Bond.........I think they have given themselves a difficult task for the reboot with the way the last one ended.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

??

"James Bond will return" 

Spoiler

But he won't though will he, he's dead 

They can't pick another actor and bring him back, they definitley can't do this thing where James bond is also a code name along with 007, they've messed with the time line enough, felix has died twice 

If they want to do a film with nomi then do it but she's not James Bond (and that's also a bad idea... Go TV for me if they want to do soemthing with her) 

Just walk away 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Remi Malek has to be the luckiest actor ever. Landed a gem of a role in Mr. Robot, got cast as Freddie Mercury which was always going to be succesful now a Bond Villain!

He's a pretty hopeless actor for the most part.

He is as dull as a doorknob. No charisma at all. He's not even good at being dull. His generic "foreign" accent in Bond  is cringe.

• Like 1

Â