The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Remi Malek has to be the luckiest actor ever. Landed a gem of a role in Mr. Robot, got cast as Freddie Mercury which was always going to be succesful now a Bond Villain!

He's a pretty hopeless actor for the most part.

I see your Remi Malek and raise you Danny Mays - who must have the best agent in the world! 

I don’t mind Malek, who was very good in  Mr Robot. 

• Like 1

bab911b9e1ff40dbf7420809435fa777.gif

Bigger than Life - A normal family man grows more and more despotic and mean to his family after becoming addicted to a drug prescribed to him for an illness. I liked everything about it.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

But the character is James Bond.........I think they have given themselves a difficult task for the reboot with the way the last one ended.

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It says "James Bond will return" at the end of the credits??

They’ll just totally reboot it like they did with Daniel Craig. 

it gives them the freedom to do whatever they want with the character

Finally watched Dune, albeit on HBO Max. Very good. I love the whole epic, big universe, slow build thing, so this fit me like a glove. Only minus for me was not watching it on the big screen - a very good looking film that deserves to be watched in cinemas. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They’ll just totally reboot it like they did with Daniel Craig. 

it gives them the freedom to do whatever they want with the character

The problem then is will they once again reboot it but drop 47 easter eggs and references per film linking them to the previous films that they're then rewriting? 

They're killing it for me by shoe horning in all the old stuff, these films don't make sense 

48 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Watched No Time To Die this morning. That's 3 **** hours I will never get back. 

I watched it last night, I thought it was good until the opening credits and then slowly snd painfully fell off the end of a very steep cliff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I watched it last night, I thought it was good until the opening credits and then slowly snd painfully fell off the end of a very steep cliff. 

Spoiler

Opening the movie with Bond hooking up with a woman half his age that you first get to see as a little child is perhaps not the ideal start to a movie either :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just back from this...

spacer.png

Very good indeed. 

Kristen Stewart definitely deserves the plaudits she's been getting, it's a superb performance.

Really good support cast too with Sean Harris, Tim Spall and Sally Hawkins all on good form.

• Like 3

Jungle cruise was a perfect 7/10 easy Sunday afternoon film

Its pretty much pirates of the Caribbean in a new skin (which I'm not surprised by given the origin of both but still surprised by assuming both rides are therefore the same) but maybe better, definitley better than all the potc follow ups, blunt and the rock work perfectly together, support case is hit and miss and weak on the villain side but it's almost like they don't care as the point of the film is the good side which they nail 

• Like 4

Having now completed the rise of the footsoldier franchise I find myself concerned about prisoners of war still held in the jungle after the American Vietnam war,

With this in mind that i have re-visited the source with missing in action, a film described as a ‘Chuck Norris gung ho fight fest.

It tells the tale of a Colonel John Braddock. Report incoming when complete  

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Having now completed the rise of the footsoldier franchise I find myself concerned about prisoners of war still held in the jungle after the American Vietnam war,

Have you seen Origins as well?

I'm looking forward to the next one when Fairbrass, 57, plays Pat Tate when he was at kindergarten 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Have you seen Origins as well?

I'm looking forward to the next one when Fairbrass, 57, plays Pat Tate when he was at kindergarten 

Snorting powdered milk 😀Yes seen origins 👍they all kind of blend into one 

• Like 1

Seems Hugh Jackman is in everything I'm watching atm. Free Guy, The Prestige and yesterday I rewatched Logan (Disney+). An excellent send off for a beloved character. Dafne Keen was what about 12 in this? Absolutely killed it. The action scenes alone justify why some superhero stuff needs "an R-rating" as our American friends would say. The seizure scene in OKC where he sticks his claws through some mooks' heads is amazing but they should collapse right away, not after Charles stops seizing everyone in place 

18 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Just back from this...

spacer.png

Very good indeed. 

Kristen Stewart definitely deserves the plaudits she's been getting, it's a superb performance.

Really good support cast too with Sean Harris, Tim Spall and Sally Hawkins all on good form.

That's on the list for this week.

Last Night in Soho tonight and Spencer later this week

Â