The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 21/03/2019 at 07:08, Designer1 said:

Really, really looking forward to seeing this next week...

220px-Us_(2019)_theatrical_poster.png

The new movie from Jordan Peele (Get Out) is getting absolutely incredible reviews and is looking like a fantastic piece of work.

Just back from seeing it.

A very entertaining movie with a great concept and some terrific dual performances, but way overhyped and nowhere near the genius of Get Out. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Just watched the reboot of 'It' and thought it was alright. 

some of the kids were very good indeed.

will look out for chapter 2 due later this year. 

Another King re-boot out this week - Pet Cemetery. It’s getting really good reviews, despite the controversy around the plot change.. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

On 22/03/2019 at 23:50, Chindie said:

I may be biased though, as someone who went to a Halloween party as Rorschach years ago.

You put a sack on yer head?

.....you went all in there!

Saw a few movies this week on various flights.

BlackKKlansman, First Man and the second Wreck It Ralph were all very decent flicks.

But the highlight was "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" 
Brilliant.

I loved The Favourite, and thought Colman deserved the oscar. But After seeing CYEFM?, I'd say it should have gone to McCarthy. She is excellent.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Saw a few movies this week on various flights.

BlackKKlansman, First Man and the second Wreck It Ralph were all very decent flicks.

But the highlight was "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" 
Brilliant.

I loved The Favourite, and thought Colman deserved the oscar. But After seeing CYEFM?, I'd say it should have gone to McCarthy. She is excellent.

Yeah I mentioned Can You Ever Forgive Me a few pages ago. Terrific story and McCarthy is indeed superb (I said it's her Punch Drunk Love).

Watched 'Us' today. I actually really enjoyed it as a home invasion horror movie; I thought it was great until she went down the escalator and the ending just didn't make any sense to me, in a way that was a huge problem for my enjoyment of the film. 

Spoiler

Doubtless someone can tell me if I'm being dense, but it seemed that the film tried to have two types of endings: the 'Baddie explains the plot to the Goodie' ending, and the 'Baddie turns out to be the Goodie and vice versa' ending. But the problem is that you can't have the Baddie explaining the plot to the Goodie, only to switch them around seconds later. 

7 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Another King re-boot out this week - Pet Cemetery. It’s getting really good reviews, despite the controversy around the plot change.. 

I won’t be watching it due to the plot change. The book was fantastic and these things never work out, I don’t get why they deviate from the source material when it was successful. After all that’s the reason the film is being made. I’m an enormous fan of Kings work, yet most of the movies have been terrible, I believe he hates most of them himself. The only ones that seem to have been successes are the non horror films (shawshank redemption, Green mile, stand by me etc). I couldn’t watch the dark tower because I haven’t finished the books yet but I hear that was one of the worst movies in decades due to the changes they made.

20 minutes ago, Xann said:

-4321218003027769042.jpg.ad4c30465770be872b612934f82c992a.jpgimages.jpg.2ca968b2c2c66035f914d36993c838d9.jpgGood toy, bad toy.  The career of Mark Hamill.

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

He's an exceptional voice actor and a perfect choice for the new Chucky.

Tying both of these together, he also voiced the Joker in the Batman Animated Series and went on to voice him in the Batman Arkham games, where as D1 says, he's outstanding. Which in turn lead to him being immortalised (kinda) in the Best Toy

hot-toys-dc-comics-batman-arkham-asylum-

• Like 1

Â