The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 28/02/2019 at 17:05, Chindie said:

She's absolutely awful. There was a story going round that she got the role because she had a greater online 'presence' than any rival actress. But I can't imagine anyone cast her on basis of talent. She's not even good in GoT (then again I'd argue quite a lot of the main cast of GoT is bad, bit that's for another topic), she basically had to play a whiney entitled teenager for 2 years and then an abuse victim, and wasn't that good at either. Her as Jean Grey in the Phoenix saga is horrifying.

This looks absolutely dreadful. I'm glad not the only one who thinks sh dis. A terrible actress. 

God how I wanted her burned alive in got or allows throw the heart. Worst charchter 

• Like 1

images.jpeg.65ed3fcb987f61fbd5bedb8d0bef71d5.jpeg

Excellent take on a fascinating true story. 

McCarthy deserves all the plaudits for a fantastic performance (this is very much her Punch Drunk Love) and Richard E.Grant is on top form too.

Recommended :thumb:

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fighting with my Family is a fun watch. Also explains wrestling terms to people that wouldnt understand or be a fan

Yeah, caught this at the weekend (after an anniversary screening of Alien which, as ever, was ace). Very entertaining, funny enough to have a wider appeal.

On 05/03/2019 at 16:49, GarethRDR said:

Yeah, caught this at the weekend (after an anniversary screening of Alien which, as ever, was ace). Very entertaining, funny enough to have a wider appeal.

Don't think they could do a sequel. The last few years have been grim as **** for her.

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Don't think they could do a sequel. The last few years have been grim as **** for her.

Plus Brad Maddox probably holds the current publishing rights.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Bad Times At The El Royale

It's about a hotel called the El Royale and everyone who’s there has a bad time basically. 7/10. Quite long. Good soundtrack.

Watched this get other week - it’s not a bad watch. Definite shades of Tarantino too. 

• Like 1

Watched Frost/Nixon the other day for the first time. 

Very enjoyable. Never knew much about the whole thing to be honest but sounds like Frost took a tell of a financial risk to make the interview happen. 

Polar

A Mads guy is too jumpy to own a dog so he gets fish instead. The girl from High School Musical is even more jumpy. Matt Lucas, who plays Elton John, tries to kill the Mads guy so that he doesn’t have to pay out his pension.

It’s funny, if you like blood and shit films.

9.5/10

Edited by fightoffyour

Â