The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

He was good in Shattered Glass tbf, but yeah apart from that he looks like he wouldn't be out of place in Ikea with 20 percent off.

The best comment since Kermode described Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly's scenes in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie as 'like watching a pair of chairs mating'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Disappointed by the last fifty shades sequel zat? 

😂😂 No thats probably his best work 😂😂

Watched him in Private War and he kept changing from Northern Irish and scouse accent. Dreadful actor

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Is there a more wooden actress currently plying their trade, a female Hayden star wars clown.

She's absolutely awful. There was a story going round that she got the role because she had a greater online 'presence' than any rival actress. But I can't imagine anyone cast her on basis of talent. She's not even good in GoT (then again I'd argue quite a lot of the main cast of GoT is bad, bit that's for another topic), she basically had to play a whiney entitled teenager for 2 years and then an abuse victim, and wasn't that good at either. Her as Jean Grey in the Phoenix saga is horrifying.

• Like 2

In other news Rami Malek is in talks to play the villain in the next Bond film.

You know when someone gets cast and you can immediately tell the kind of character they're going to play? Yeah. If he's playing anything other than a thinly veiled Zuckerberg allegory with the nervous socially awkward thing I'll be astonished.

• Like 3

Cold Pursuit - Fargo as imagined by two drunk 14 year old boys having a giggle. The most baffling film I've seen in a while. Incoherent, all over the place, some quite ridiculously stupid dialogue, some pointless characters and a general tonal absurdity that wrongfoots you but not in a clever way. A cackhanded attempt to combine revenge thriller with hippy dippy irreverant humour. It doesn't work. Obviously. But I'd be lieing if I said I didn't laugh a fair few times. Often at the film rather than with it though.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

His orange juice is very expensive, but I love the fedora!

Cracking cultural reference for anyone over 35 there :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Cold Pursuit - Fargo as imagined by two drunk 14 year old boys having a giggle. The most baffling film I've seen in a while. Incoherent, all over the place, some quite ridiculously stupid dialogue, some pointless characters and a general tonal absurdity that wrongfoots you but not in a clever way. A cackhanded attempt to combine revenge thriller with hippy dippy irreverant humour. It doesn't work. Obviously. But I'd be lieing if I said I didn't laugh a fair few times. Often at the film rather than with it though.

Its a remake from about 2015 with the same director.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 17:07, Chindie said:

In other news Rami Malek is in talks to play the villain in the next Bond film.

You know when someone gets cast and you can immediately tell the kind of character they're going to play? Yeah. If he's playing anything other than a thinly veiled Zuckerberg allegory with the nervous socially awkward thing I'll be astonished.

So basically a supervillain version of his character from Mr Robot... 

Spoiler

Or maybe just his character from Mr Robot seeing as though he did kinda pull off a supervillain plan.

Â