The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Some good movies on that list with You Were Never Really Here at the top. Still need to watch The Old Man and the Gun.

Edited by Designer1

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Some good movies on that list with You Were Never Really Here at the top. Still need to watch The Old Man and the Gun.

Is Wildlife any good?  Gyllenhaal is usually fantastic and Mulligan is just :wub::wub:

I made a rare trip to the cinema last week to see this, including a Q&A with the director and a well known local Rastafarian Poet (Levi Tafari)

For anyone interested in the history of Jamaican music, it's a must, even if you already know the story, there anecdotes and little bits of information that you won't know. Thoroughly enjoyable!

• Like 1

I've probably mentioned it before, cause I love it, but there's a French movie called "Intouchables" (I think). Absolutely top class movie IMO. Highly enjoyable. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

The Joaquin Phoenix Joker trailer is out.

I think it looks excellent.

Just watched the trailer. Surprised by it, looks fantastic

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just watched the trailer. Surprised by it, looks fantastic

Really? I just watched it and I don't get the thing at all. Phoenix is obviously one of the few people who can play the role well, and I suppose it helps being a character actor when you are completey looney toons willy wonka  yourself. But the trailer to me seemed to be all about Phoenix and his adaptation of the role. Those kinda movies often fall short. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

The Joaquin Phoenix Joker trailer is out.

I think it looks excellent.

Looks brilliant. The kind of comic book film I can get behind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Really? I just watched it and I don't get the thing at all. Phoenix is obviously one of the few people who can play the role well, and I suppose it helps being a character actor when you are completey looney toons willy wonka  yourself. But the trailer to me seemed to be all about Phoenix and his adaptation of the role. Those kinda movies often fall short. 

I think that's entirely the point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've probably mentioned it before, cause I love it, but there's a French movie called "Intouchables" (I think). Absolutely top class movie IMO. Highly enjoyable. 

Brilliant movie.

A shame Kevin Hart, amongst others, appears to have butchered it this year.

Â