The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Civil War was great fun. Everything was measured and well judged. Got into the thrust of the plot quickly enough, with little drag or any sense of superfluousness about it, and the humour was spot on for the characters without everything feeling crowbarred in.

Edited by Rodders

220px-8mm-film-poster.jpg

8mm

I think this is better than the reviews suggested. Its very dark and quite disturbing. 7/10

• Like 1

Watched The Lobster. 

Can honestly say "I didn't get it". :(

I was asking too many questions about the premise of the film,  I wanted to know "why?" to a lot of things and i didn't get answers.  

Edited by PieFacE

CAP 3 

Wow. 

Easily the best Avengers movie and now my second favourite Marvel film, behind Guardians of the Galaxy (by a cats whisker) 

Demitri is right - the fight at the airport is amazing. 

Spiderman is brilliant. 

• Like 2

On 01/05/2016 at 17:17, hogso said:

Would anyone be interested in reviews of Chindie's reviews? 

Cos I firmly believe the above is his greatest achievement thus far. Top stuff. 

I'd be interested in a two line summary

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Watched The Lobster. 

Can honestly say "I didn't get it". :(

I was asking too many questions about the premise of the film,  I wanted to know "why?" to a lot of things and i didn't get answers.  

It was a bit too much for me as well. Maybe I had overhyped it before actually seeing it.

Edited by AVFCDAN

I watched Gervais' new effort "Special Correspondents" yesterday.

It's ok. Nothing special, you'll have guessed the majority of the storyline after about 10 minutes.

But a very easy watch. If you're bored on a Sunday afternoon and want to kill 90 minutes then go for it.

On 5/2/2016 at 12:52, Xela said:

220px-8mm-film-poster.jpg

8mm

I think this is better than the reviews suggested. Its very dark and quite disturbing. 7/10

One Christmas I received the 8mm boxset as a present. 8mm2 is easily the worst thing ever filmed

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched Gervais' new effort "Special Correspondents" yesterday.

It's ok. Nothing special, you'll have guessed the majority of the storyline after about 10 minutes.

But a very easy watch. If you're bored on a Sunday afternoon and want to kill 90 minutes then go for it.

Pleasant enough fare but as you say, it's nothing groundbreaking and all entirely predictable. Gervais seems to have such obvious messages in his work these days and there's a distinct lack of subtlety in most of his output.

it's a shame. I remember thinking The Invention of Lying could have been such a good film if executed properly, but too many cheap gags - i.e  why does not lying = incapable of discretion? 

If he could do more films like Ghost Town, that would be great.

On 2 May 2016 at 21:25, mikeyp102 said:

We're the Millers. Good fun, some laugh out loud moments,

and the body double pretending to be  Jennifer as a stripper... Wow

Fixed 

• Like 1

Â