The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

IV%2BPOSTER%2BHORIZONTAL.png

Trippy stuff and the first ever attempt at translating Thomas Pynchon to the screen. Probably not for everyone, but if you have a penchant for Big Lebowski-esqueness (surely a proper word), noir vibes and general drugged out shit, you'll love it.

• Like 3

Sabata  (1969)

I found this enjoyable film on the IMDb website last night and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys watching westerns .It stars Lee Van Cleef who along with Clint Eastwood is my favourite actor when it comes to westerns Would rate it a 7/10 

Watched love & mercy, the recent biopic on the beach boys love-and-mercy-poster.png

whilst i thought Paul Dano was a very good young Brian Wilson both visually and in mannerism, I couldn't take to john cussack playing the older Brian Wilson. It just didn't look right...

decent biopic though, the studio scenes when recording pet sounds were fantastic as was paul giamatti playing Wilson's unscrupulous doctor.

Edited by theboyangel

Vendetta.jpg

Not as bad as it looks/sounds. Typical revenge thriller but quite graphic and shows some inventive ways of killing people! Dyer, as expected, is a pwopa naughty geeza!

• Like 1

Escape from New York.

soundtrack 10/10

Snake 10/10

Adriennes Chesticles 10/10.

Lee Van Cleef & Borgnine 10/10,

Best film ever. Quality.

• Like 1

Got round to watching Civil War. Effin awesome. Spiderman. Ant-Man. Black Panther. Goodness me the Russo's and writers Christopher Markus/Stephen McFeeley just GET it!!

Tekka bo Marvel. Tekka bo.

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Got round to watching Civil War...

I'd spoiler some of that - it's one of the movies best reveals and moments and shouldn't be spoilt really.

Edited by Chindie

I actually had that spoiled months ago in a very roundabout way, but everyone thinks that moment is a great one and a highlight so best not to spoil it :)

Watched this again

ManofSteelFinalPoster.jpg

Up until the battle with Zod and his sidekicks - 7/10

Battle that went on far too long - 2/10

Overall 5/10

There is only so many times someone can be thrown through a building or smashed into a wall before your eyes glaze over with boredom

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Spoiled by the Lego set?! Can't believe they did it

Amongst other things - Disney didn't tell toy manufacturers to keep it under their hat until it was far too late and every single one had revealed it at a bunch of conventions. They then tried to pretend that hadn't happened and told them not to reveal items that gave it away... Typically it's one of the best moments in the whole movie...

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Watched this again

ManofSteelFinalPoster.jpg

Up until the battle with Zod and his sidekicks - 7/10

Battle that went on far too long - 2/10

Overall 5/10

There is only so many times someone can be thrown through a building or smashed into a wall before your eyes glaze over with boredom

You should watch Batman V Superman. It literally starts with a recap of the Zod fight from someone else's perspective, and Superman has 43 lines of dialogue on the entire thing. Makes Man of Steel look like a masterpiece.

Â