The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Jackman is on to do a third solo Wolverine movie (allegedly and appropriately inspired by the Old Man Logan storyline) and then he's done apparently. 

He'll be a difficult act to follow, for sure. Funny really as he actually looks nothing like the character should do. He's far too tall for a start. But he's made the character his own and basically become the de facto main character in what should be an ensemble in every film.

they cant really do his death without retreading a lot of the theme of the last film, i dont think they can do omega red because thats origin stuff again, cant do some of the good stuff with hulk, i think they should have another go at sabretooth 

depends what they try and do with all this alternative time line bollocks following DoFP

Just got back from Anomalisa, went in pretty much cold but knowing the sorts of themes Kaufman loves to write about and play with.

I loved it. Quirky, interesting, deep and the voice acting was superb. Every line was crisp and neat and was lovely to listen to. A lovely short little film but not one for everyone I suspect -- 8.5/10

Edited by Ginko

I finally got round to seeing Legend. That was good. Tom Hardy playing Ronnie was great. Tom Hardy playing Reggie was generic East end gangster textbook stuff.

Also saw Youth. I really enjoyed that. An obese Diego Maradona playing keepy uppy with a tennis ball was interesting...as well as some good norkage.

20 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

looking forward to seeing 10 cloverfield lane. that it has nothing to do with cloverfield is a bonus (though i don't dislike that film as much as many)

I loved Cloverfield. Really enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane, until the ending. Ending was okay, but reading online the original ending would've been a  better fit.

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

You want to see Gyllenhaal at his absolute best watch Nightcrawler. Brilliant movie. He is a top drawer actor.

That restaurant scene with Rene Russo was harrowing.

57 minutes ago, BOF said:

You want to see Gyllenhaal at his absolute best watch Nightcrawler. Brilliant movie. He is a top drawer actor.

he is and it was kinda criminal that he didn't even get a nomination for best Oscar for it .. you can argue the competition was good that year , but I guess ultimately it came down to the little brown envelopes again

10 hours ago, BOF said:

excellent film, he's been a top actor for a long time. 8 years ago I wondered who would turn out the best him or Gosling but he's different class.

Edited by PaulC

Yesterday's binging included The Hateful Eight, The Wolf of Wall Street (finally!) & Shame.  Fairly eclectic mix again but all 3 not without their charms.  I did think H8 wasn't one of Tarantino's better offerings, although it is definitely typically Tarantino.  You'd definitely know it was him watching it if you didn't know beforehand.  Wolf was fun.  I wasn't blown away and I definitely missed the boat on it by a few years but it was a good enough watch, and Margot ... sweet Jebus.  Finally Shame.  Well it had Carey in it (:wub:) which is why I watched in the first place.  Good performance from Fassbender too.  Simple enough storyline played out very well and shot very well by a good cast & crew.  I'd almost call it a well-polished indie-flick. Plenty of 'action' in it too :P  (@Meath_Villan)

Â