The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I thought you were talking about Jim Carey there. Yes Carey Mulligan was brilliant in that. Just watched Steve Jobs, only focused ona  fairly short period of his life up to the launch of the i-mac and his relationship with his daughter Lisa. Impressive performance from Fassbender, much better than the Jobs film with the useless Ashton Kucher. Didn't realise it was Kate Winslett until the credits came up lol

I won't be bothering with Jobs.  Similarly, stuff like Spotlight and The Big Short don't just fail to interest me, I would actively avoid watching them no matter how good they are.  Sometimes the subject matter is its own sleeping pill.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone seen triple9? Liked the look of that 

i thought was dreadfully boring, trailer looked very good but just a cliche cop movie. Kate Winslet is horrible in it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I had tried to watch 'Daddy's Home' and I did quite well.  I don't know exactly, but I'm sure I got about 25 minutes in.

Think you got further than I did. The kids were just so god damn annoying I had to turn it off. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Think you got further than I did. The kids were just so god damn annoying I had to turn it off. 

I got to the point where Ferrell walked up the stairs to tell a labourer the Mrs. had hired to fix the hole in the wall that he wasn't needed.  I was overwhelmed by a sense that my life was being stolen from me and that no good would come from the next hour or more.  So I watched The Hateful Eight instead.  A solid decision I think.

8 hours ago, BOF said:

Yesterday's binging included The Hateful Eight, The Wolf of Wall Street (finally!) & Shame.  Fairly eclectic mix again but all 3 not without their charms.  I did think H8 wasn't one of Tarantino's better offerings, although it is definitely typically Tarantino.  You'd definitely know it was him watching it if you didn't know beforehand.  Wolf was fun.  I wasn't blown away and I definitely missed the boat on it by a few years but it was a good enough watch, and Margot ... sweet Jebus.  Finally Shame.  Well it had Carey in it (:wub:) which is why I watched in the first place.  Good performance from Fassbender too.  Simple enough storyline played out very well and shot very well by a good cast & crew.  I'd almost call it a well-polished indie-flick. Plenty of 'action' in it too :P  (@Meath_Villan)

hummmmmmm I must watch this film ...sounds interesting 

Reviews coming in for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and it certainly sounds like a Snyder film. Not sure if I'll bother. Starting for feel a bit old for it all now. Well, the last 'superhero' film I watched was... Man of Steel? And that was three years ago. Safe to say my desire for those films ended a while ago!

Â