The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 12 March 2016 at 16:08, Stevo985 said:

Avengers is better than GotG, imo.

GotG was good, but completely overrated. Again, tainted by largely terrible "jokes"

That's Tony Stark , the cute fluffy raccoon and Deapool .....i'd understand if it was Mr Bean and female comedians on the list !!  ......but now I'm curious to know what you do laugh at ? 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Genuinely. I said at the time on this thread and I haven't changed my mind.

Watching a movie is all about your enjoyment. I had a fantastically enjoyable 2 hours watching GOTG

You were in the back row getting serviced weren't you. That shouldn't count in the movie's favour :) j/k
  • Like 3

Just back from the Margaret Thatcher biopic The Witch.

Absolutely loved every second of it, and it exceeded even my high expectations.

Fantastically acted, dripping with atmosphere and a real increase in quality from the cheap 'jump scares' of many contemporary horror films.

• Like 2

GOTG is one of the best movies I've ever seen and the best movie in its genre by a long shot.

I personally found the jokes very funny.

It wasn't even the best movie I saw that day.

Incidentally, I didn't like the soundtrack. Well, I did like it. The songs were excellent. But I didn't think it worked very well with the film. Shoehorned in most of it.

That's Tony Stark , the cute fluffy raccoon and Deapool .....if understand if it was Mr Bean and female comedians on the list !!  ......but now I'm curious to know what you do laugh at ? 

I don't understand this post.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand this post.

I think it's a list of things you didn't find funny, and then a list of things Tony doesn't find funny, and then following the observation that the two things don't overlap, a question as to what you do find funny. 

I have to say though Tony, I might have avoided rising to the 'no female comedians are funny' bait if you hadn't then confessed to finding Tony Stark 'jokes' funny!

Ah I see.

The thing is I do find those things funny. It's not like gotg, iron-man or deadpool didn't make me laugh. They all did.

But my problem with them is that every line of dialogue seemingly has to have a joke in it. And half the time they're **** awful.

Less is more.

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have to say though Tony, I might have avoided rising to the 'no female comedians are funny' bait if you hadn't then confessed to finding Tony Stark 'jokes' funny!

I'm not sure I did ? I asked Stevo what he found funny rather than offering my own view

for the record I found deadpool and the cute raccoon funny , Tony Stark I'm probably more with Stevo on 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not sure I did ? I asked Stevo what he found funny rather than offering my own view

for the record I found deadpool and the cute raccoon funny , Tony Stark I'm probably more with Stevo on 

Ah, okay, I misunderstood re: Stark. 

56 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Just watched city of God. Wow.

The amount of people I made watch this, after I'd seen it! Got the usual responses of not being interested, because it wasn't in English etc (on a side this is something I don't get), but I just wouldn't shut up about it. To a man, everyone who gave in and watched it, loved it.

• Like 3

On 13/03/2016 at 00:23, villa4europe said:

San Andreas

What an absolutely horrible film, contender for the worst I've ever seen,makes 2012 look like a masterpiece

I have to disagree. The Rock's daughter saved it with her fantastic jubblies. Looked her up and she was in True Detective, the one who shags Woody Harrelson and gets her baps out. 

As for the rest of the film, you might say... its a disaster! AMIRITE?

• Like 2

On 11 March 2016 at 23:16, Designer1 said:

Definitely one of the most interesting directors out there at the moment. He has a 100% record with me so far as I've pretty much loved everything he's done.

A Field in England is a masterpiece imo.

Watched this last night.

Well it's certainly unique! I'm not likely to forget that one in a hurry. 

It's one of those films which leaves you with more questions than answers and has a "have your own interpretation on this as we ain't gonna tell you" attitude.

If I ever work out my interpretation, I'll let you know!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I have to disagree. The Rock's daughter saved it with her fantastic jubblies. Looked her up and she was in True Detective, the one who shags Woody Harrelson and gets her baps out. 

As for the rest of the film, you might say... its a disaster! AMIRITE?

Alexandra Daddario is stunning.

• Like 2

Probably off to The Witch tonight. I have never seen a horror film in the cinema, and the comments so far suggest it might creep me out from doing it again! But as my partner is dead against that stop motion one from Charlie Kaufman ( :( ) horror it will have to be. Got loads of comedy lined up for when we get back before bed ( I am, as you might note, a complete wuss when it comes to these films ). 

I tend to find horror films are ruined at the cinema by screaming idiots. Takes all the tension away. That's what happened when I went to see Babadook.

It's a hard genre to get right anyway, so It end to save the good ones for home viewing. 

Â